4.0 out of 5 stars Honest Review From Longtime Fan, June 29, 2009
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Sonic Unleashed - Playstation 3 (Video Game)
I grew up with Sonic and have been a fan since the original Sonic on Sega Genesis and Game Gear. Throughout the years after the Sega Genesis games, Sonic has many ups and downs....more downs then up. So our newest attempt is Sonic Unleashed.

Before I purchased this game I looked at every video and review possible because I was hesitant, seeing as how every other 3D Sonic game faired, I was more frightened then intrigued. I was a fan of the Sonic parts in Sonic Adventures 1 & 2, but hated the other characters in those games. After I purchased the game I can tell you that its definitely a better game.

My favorite things about this game that its a solid platform game. When your Sonic, your going through beautifully designed levels at a fast speed, or some with big challenge that look like a grown up version of the original Sonic series. It does feel scripted at times like you can only go front, but its too fun that I can honestly say who cares.

As far as the Werehog goes, when I first played with him I was ready to trade my game in. As the story goes and levels opened up, I actually didn't mind. He has more puzzles and challenges and is actually fun to play. WAYYYYYYY Better then the stupid characters from S.A. 1 & 2. Trust me I rather be Werehog then have to sit through fishing or searching for Emeralds.

The only things I didn't like. The towns and how you have to talk to people made no sense and was dumb, this isn't Final Fantasy so there's no need for it. I for one never read anything they said. Annoying songs and constant baddies with Werehog. Playing with Tails....THATS RIGHT. They kept stripping his character down until we get this, airplane chase repetitive levels??? are you series. Tails flies why does he need a plane?

All in all its a good game, lots of fun and definitely lots of replay value, and there aren't many platforms out there anymore because everything is dumb shooters....*sigh* how the times have changed!

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]