2.0 out of 5 stars Ugh!, September 27, 2012
This review is from: Down to You (Kindle Edition)
Here I am again going against the grain. I'm going to try hard not to give anything away but still explain my low rating. I didn't like the cheating and dishonesty in this book. From the book description you know stuff happens between Olivia and Nash, her cousin's boyfriend. I just don't feel like we were given a good enough reason for the cheating. Olivia's friend even encourages her to go after Nash. The insta lust and the cousin being a witch with a capital B doesn't make it ok. I don't condone cheating but in the book "Thoughtless" I felt we were given an idea on how it could happen. The characters had the same immediate attraction as in this book but they also had a building friendship over a period of time that turned into something else. We didn't have that here.

(possible spoilers):
A huge secret is revealed that really ruined this book for me. It wasn't the secret that ruined it but one of the character's actions. His actions were deceitful and hurtful. It made the cheating way worse. I just don't know how people fall in love with these type of characters. (end possible spoiler)

Another thing that I found distasteful is Olivia had no idea which twin crawled into her bed for sex. She didn't care because she desired them both. She eventually finds out who it was. I don't mind love triangles especially when I'm having a hard time picking one over another. But if your going to have sex with one of them I think it might make it more meaningful to know who you are sleeping with. That's just me.

The writing was good and the sex scenes were hot. I just like my characters a little more honest.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 5 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 35 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 3, 2012 3:55:27 AM PDT

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2012 7:14:23 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 7, 2012 10:51:02 AM PDT
Angie says:
They cheated. She broke it off once but they DID have sex before he broke up with her cousin. At the time she wasn't sure if it was him but she didn't care one way or another.
I'm not sure if my rating is fair or not. I will totally admit it is based on the characters and their actions. However, I don't think the author's intent was to make people dislike them or make anyone angry. We were suppose to be ok with it based on the 'big secret'.
So I'm not going to slap the author on her back and tell her "Great job! I hate your characters!".

Posted on Oct 5, 2012 2:15:17 PM PDT
Melissa says:
Your review is appreciated. I always check for the more "negative" reviews before purchasing a book. However your review made me realize the twist way earlier in the book than I should have. It would be kind of you to preface the second paragraph with a do not continue reading if you do not want spoilers alert.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2012 4:12:40 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 5, 2012 7:37:29 PM PDT
Angie says:
I did not mean to give anything away and looking back at it I'm still not sure how I really was but I will respect your opinion and have no reason to doubt it.

Posted on Oct 5, 2012 4:25:55 PM PDT
J. J. Beck says:
Always appreciate an honest given review. Respect your opinion.

Posted on Oct 11, 2012 8:12:38 PM PDT
Love the review because I am feeling a little against the grain on this one too

Posted on Oct 14, 2012 9:17:48 AM PDT
Sonia says:
Angie,

Honest review and I appreciate it. I was not sure that I wanted to read the book based on the story line, and I do not mind the spoilers; if fact, I appreciate it, lol. Spoilers do not deter me from buying a book if I am interested in the story line. I like a good love story with sex scenes; I do not like stories where I reject the behavior of the hero or heroin; that is just me. I do not need to spend time and money reading about charactores whose behaviors I find questionable or problematic; when all I have to do is pick up the phone and talk to a friend or read the last news. The game(reading books) is about escapism and fantasy; not to confirm reality. If I want reality; I would read non-fiction.

Tks for the review.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 14, 2012 9:20:03 AM PDT
Sonia says:
M2, The review helped resolved why I was feeling hesitant in buying this book.

Posted on Oct 15, 2012 11:50:41 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 15, 2012 11:55:50 AM PDT
Amberw says:
Your review is good and i respect it,but i also think that your being a little unfair. I mean the guys had no choice they had to protect thier secret. Now was it wrong yes the scenes with Nash are all explain in the shocker. Which im not going to mention. So i say before you trust one persons word check this book out for yourself. Im sorry to say,but it seems like you dont read any good books if you did not like the shocker. I thought it made the book more exciting and interesting left so more for interperation for other books. i just hate how people take books to serious thats what they are books. I thought the author did great you said you dont like cheating and you mention "Thoughtless" another great book. But its ok in fact its ok to cheat in the same night with both guys,but olivia dont know which one she sleeps with and its wrong. I think everyone should either read the book or dont,but dont be wavered on somone elses ideas. Choose for yourself.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 15, 2012 5:05:24 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 15, 2012 5:25:59 PM PDT
Angie says:
Amberw, Why is my review unfair? Because I don't share your opinion? I never said I didn't care for the "shocker" part of the story. And I get the why part for keeping the secret. It's the rest of the character's actions that no I don't believe have a decent explanation for doing what they did. Neither Nash's or Olivia's. IMHO.
Also, I don't think I'm taking the book anymore seriously then you just because I didn't care for it. And to be honest your comments are a little confusing. People don't have to trust my review but I was trying to be accurate and honest. It was based on what I wish I had known. Your comment about being wavered on someone else's ideas? A review is there to help someone decide if this is something they would like. Maybe they share the same ideas (or better word opinion). I'm not out here telling someone not to read it. I'm trying to help them with their choice.
My reference to "Thoughtless" was an example of how one can sort of understand how the cheating happen but not necessarily being ok with it. Nothing more. Yes, I thought it was thoughtless (ha-ha) that the character jumped from one bed to the other. It was wrong of that character. I never reviewed that book or gave it any rating so don't assume.
I'm sorry if this comes off less then nice but like I said you kind of confused me.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.4 out of 5 stars (1,212 customer reviews)

Out of stock