5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book, September 22, 2004
This review is from: How to Break Your Addiction to a Person (Paperback)
This book will answer all of your questions concerning love versus addiction. I read this book twice and highlighted so many areas in the book that I could relate to. I bought so many self-help books but this one is by far the best.

I highly recommend this book to anyone who is unsure of their relationship. I was in a very unhealthy relationship for the past 7 1/2 years. I read the book and decided enough was enough.

I am no longer in the relationship. I'm not saying that it's easy but when I find myself missing him or wondering if I did the right thing, I read the parts that I highlighted in the book and know that I did the right thing by letting go.

There was nothing that I was able to do any different to save this relationship.I realized that he was the one with the problem and there was nothing that I could do about it.

Had I stayed for the sake of not being lonely, in the long run, I only would've been miserable and wasted another 7 1/2 years. And to not be lonely is not a good reason to stay in an unhealthy relationship or any relationship.

I'm only sorry it took me this long to find out but on the flip side at least I did found out and can finally move on.

If you find yourself wondering about your relationship, please get this book. It could be just what you're looking for.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 21, 2011 8:31:30 PM PST
Night Owl says:

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2011 2:13:46 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jul 12, 2011 12:01:17 PM PDT
Hey Night Owl,

I know people change, Some people change for the worse and some people change for the better.

All I was talking about was Unhealthy Relationships.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 5, 2013 2:53:29 PM PST
Babs Freedom says:
BABY, you are right that it is good thing to leave a bad relationship whether it took 71/2 years or not. And as for Night Owl, people don't change that much. Like they say, a leopard doesn't change it's spots. People's core value don't change. If you are a good person, most likely you will always be good.

I will be getting this book too. Thanks for promoting it.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 5, 2013 3:47:27 PM PST
You're very welcome Babsfreedom. I hope it helps you. I know it helped me ALOT!!! I'm no longer with that person.

I needed to learn how to be happy by myself and learned to love myself again.

Once I did that, there was no way I was ever going to allow anyone else to walk all over me again.

And I haven't :) :):)

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 5, 2013 4:10:40 PM PST
Babs Freedom says:
Thank you for your quick response and I really need to get over this bad addiction to this guy who already moved on with another girl. Lucky him? Shaking my head. I just have to remember all the negative things he did to me and continue loving myself. I started a new career and lost 20lbs in two months. I kept going back with him on and off for 5 years. 5 months ago he told me he was interested in someone else and that she was his type. That was the last straw of me giving my all to him. The biggest mistake was that went to him without a commitment when we were on. Anyway, life goes on and thanks again. Trust me this new girl will being see stars soon enough because a leopard doesn't change his spots. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 5, 2013 4:20:24 PM PST
He will only do to her the same thing he's done to you. That's his way. Someone new and exciting until it becomes old and boring. He will then dump her and find someone else. Don't give him your power. Don't let him mess up the next 5 years of your life. Concentrate on #1( that being you :D) and learn to love yourself again. Once you do that, you'll be able to find someone who can love you and treat you the way you should be treated. There IS someone out there that's meant for you!!! Trust me :):):)

DEBBIE

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 5, 2013 4:29:17 PM PST
Babs Freedom says:
You're the best Debbie! :) We need people like you in this world! :) Best regards, Babs

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 5, 2013 4:40:04 PM PST
Thank you Babs :):):) You're going be ok. You'll look back one day and say to yourself "What the heck did I ever see in that guy anyway???" Mark my words !!!

Take care of yourself and your heart <3

DEBBIE

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 5, 2013 4:48:29 PM PST
That is so true! <3
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.3 out of 5 stars (83 customer reviews)

$16.00 $10.45
Reviewer

Location: Ozone Park N.Y.