5.0 out of 5 stars Mom Depends on This Light, August 29, 2009
This review is from: Fulcrum 20072-401 Magnifier 12 LED Floor Lamp (Tools & Home Improvement)
My 86 year old mom has tried multiple hand held magnifiers over the years, some lighted, some not, in her efforts to keep reading after a diagnosis of dry macular degeneration. We decided to try this lamp due to the combination of LED lights, gooseneck positioning, and the strength of the magnifier.

In the month since the light was delivered my mom's life has expanded. She loves this light. With her hands free, she can work her large-print crosswords puzzles and is even reading magazines again. We are thrilled with the light and are so grateful that her quality of life is better because of it.

Our one wish for improvement with this light would be for a more weighty base for stability.

November 28, 2010

I thought I'd update my original review some 18 months after we originally purchased this terrific light.

Mom still loves her light, in fact, Thanksgiving day I overheard her tell a friend that it was her life saver. We've had no troubles with the light since it was purchased. The weight of the base hasn't been an issue for Mom and that is surprising because she is so wobbly.

I saw that it was on sale today and am thinking of buying it for my husband who also has vision troubles. I truly recommend this light to anyone needing hands-free lighted magnification.

August, 2012

Another update. Mom (now 89) still loves her light and uses it every day. No troubles with the LED lights, the base, or the gooseneck. Everything is still working perfectly. I'm so glad we purchased the light.

September, 2014

Latest on Mom's light. This light is like the ever-ready bunny. I keeps ticking along. Mom, now 91, continues to use the light every day. Still no troubles with the LED lights, the base, the plug, or the gooseneck. This practically perfect light is the best thing I've purchased for Mom.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 25, 2010 6:55:23 AM PDT
S. DEPRIMA says:
Hi Betty

For whatever it's worth; invest in getting your mom a Kindle, I did for mine, who unfortunately lost the vision in one of her eyes to ARMD that sadly went from dry to wet and my family has told me that it was the BEST thing I could have ever gotten her, as it has and continues to give her happiness and joy beyond words, as now she can get most recommended books, magazines and etc. and she can raise the font size so she now can read and enjoy what she once did.

All the very Best to your mom & you & yours,
Sal

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 6, 2010 10:21:38 AM PST
<G> For those of us who must have a really-truly book, while I think the change in point would be beneficial... to each his own. I appreciate all this information because now I'm sure which magifier I'll buy and it's this one.

Posted on Apr 23, 2013 9:34:50 AM PDT
P. Burdette says:
Thank you for your review and updates. It has helped me make a decision about purchase, as some of the lighted magnifiers are so much more expensive, beyond what I can afford, and I wondered if this one, within my price range, could do the trick for me. I'm pleased to give it a try, based on your review. Many thanks!

Posted on Mar 6, 2014 9:30:42 AM PST
barnett says:
Thank you for contining to review the product over time. It's a great help.

Posted on Oct 7, 2014 9:41:01 AM PDT
D. James says:
Really really appreciate your updates!!! It's vital to know that after 4 years it's still great! (There are so many reviews out there giving 5 stars for being very easy to unpack, and so). :-)))
Thank you very much for taking the time!!!

Posted on Dec 29, 2014 1:19:46 PM PST
Truthseeker says:
Thank you for the updates! It is reassuring that the light continues to perform long-term.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.3 out of 5 stars (419 customer reviews)

$89.95