5.0 out of 5 stars What I expected... Works on Samsung Focus... So far..., February 17, 2011
This review is from: SanDisk 32GB MicroSDHC Card (SDSDQ-032G-A11M, US Retail Package) (Personal Computers)
I just installed SanDisk 32GB MicroSDHC Card (SDSDQ-032G-A11M, US Retail Package). Purchased the card from Amazon.com with Amazon as the seller. The price was $10 more than other sellers, but I bought it from Amazon for two reasons. First, I know I can return it if it doesn't work. Second, the card has been out of stock from Amazon for a couple of weeks, so I was confident that I would get a Class 4 card that was recently manufactured, not a Class 2 card that had been in inventory for months. Well, lucky me, I did receive a Class 4 card today.

Previously, I owned a 30GB ZuneHD. It was probably my favorite appliance, over my lappie and desktop. I used it everyday and everywhere. My new Samsung Focus i917 was hard to adjust to, as 8GB is not enough space after being used to the ZuneHD. So, I am risking it and trying the microSDHC card.

I will be diligent to post updates today and in the following weeks to keep everyone updated on how well the card is working. I am syncing 34+GB of music, videos, pics, and podcasts right now. Stay tuned for the results. Here's to hoping for flawless performance.

M

Ok, Two days in and the card has been performing very well. I have had one studder/freeze with a restart. I have had the phone for about three weeks before buying the microsd card and it had frozen/restarted once, so I cannot contribute this behavior to the card.

One note of strange behavior *After installing the card, I wanted to fill it up :) , so I told the Zune software to sync alot of music, podcasts and videos before I went to bed. While syncing througout the night, I could tell the phone had restarted by the bright screen glowing off of the ceiling. And restart it did. I was sleeping most of the time, but I would estimate the phone restated about 10 times throught the night. When I woke up, the phone had 11GB free.

Although there were multiple restarts while filling the card througout the night, like I said, it is going FINE in day to day operations. Promise to update again in a couple days.

Cheers, M

Ok. Another week with the card and it has been perfecto. I am very glad I took the plunge and spent almost a benjamin for this. My phone has not had one issue this week, even though it has been filled to 2GB free.

This card has my 100% reccomendation for the Samsung Focus.

UPDATE: I have used the card daily for nearly 30 days. The card works perfectly. I have not had one reset, failure, error code, or problem with the phone. Apps and games load in the same time they did before I installed the card. I am very impressed with my experience. I sure wish Samsung or Microsoft would release a list of supported cards so that everyone could have the great experience I have. Again, I ordered through Amazon, for a few bucks more than the other vendors, but I received a class 4 card.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 7 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 17 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 11, 2011 10:01:07 PM PDT
Stravinsky says:
Hello Michael, Thank you for posting this and for your diligence in adding the updates. Now that 2 months have passed, have you had any problems with your Samsung Focus using the SanDisk 32GB card?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 11, 2011 11:55:34 PM PDT
Nope, not one single problem. The phone is very responsive and I have not had any random resets or any kind or any buggy behavior. Running nodo update now without a hitch (upgraded with card installed).

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 29, 2011 12:55:25 PM PDT
Thanks for your post! I just got the Focus and wanted to carefully do my homework on this - you've saved me a LOT of legwork!!

In reply to an earlier post on May 26, 2011 12:37:56 PM PDT
Rainer Rocks says:
Thanks for the great review and updates !

In reply to an earlier post on May 26, 2011 12:41:30 PM PDT
No problem Rainer Rocks. I am still problem free. Love the Focus, btw, just wish the battery would last a whole day (I have four backup batteries :). Looking forward to Mango update this fall for better battery and some knockout features. Have great one. M

In reply to an earlier post on May 26, 2011 2:43:55 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 26, 2011 2:44:24 PM PDT
Rainer Rocks says:
Yep battery life seems to be the problem these days with all these smart electronics...My smart android
4G phone eats the battery life as if it's starving .

Note to Self: Get an extended Battery LOL

Have a great day Michael and enjoy the upcoming holiday :)

Posted on May 26, 2011 8:13:34 PM PDT
Do you play for the Redskins? lol

Posted on May 31, 2011 8:25:00 PM PDT
toe-Knee says:
Thanks for a real thorough review. I want to buy the card for my new Asus Transformer and this review helps a lot.

Toe-Knee

Posted on Jun 8, 2011 5:26:44 AM PDT
Hello Michael. Thanks for the detailed review and continued updates. I ordered this card, recieved it yesterday, and it appears to be a class 2 card (has a 2 printed on the card). I didn't open it yet for fear of formating it in the Focus, it not working, and it becoming no more than a desk leveler. All other positive reviews of this card of it working in a Focus indicate that they have a Class 4 card as well. Forgive me for asking a stupid question, but how do you know for sure it's a class 4 card? Because a 4 is printed directly on the card or by test speeds? Sorry for my ignorance, but I want to be sure so I can return the class 2 I recieved with little headache if I need to (unopened package) or even though it says class 2 it's realy a 4 and I'm good to go. Thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 8, 2011 6:46:47 AM PDT
I would send it back because I have read of alot of problems with class 2 cards. Be sure to oreder it with fullfillment from Amazon, not some other vendor. If you did that, I don't know what else to tell you to try other than return it and order another one the same way and hope you get class 4.
Good luck.