5.0 out of 5 stars Truly romantic, softly sensual, and strong in message, June 13, 2012
This review is from: Easy (Kindle Edition)
I can't say that I've read many YA/college-age romances, but everyone seemed to be talking about Easy. So, here I was reading it, too, and completely surprised by it, the deep story, the ease with which it was written, and most all, surprised by this hero and heroine. I'm several years out of college (we won't say how many); yet I still became lost in this story, going to class with these characters, living this life that seems so simple but complex at the same time.

As for the heroine Jackie, there's so much there to appreciate, as a young woman finding herself, recognizing her own worth and strength. She has several challenging moments in the story, some scary and dangerous, others filled with love and kindness. All of these challenges are profound, from Buck and Kennedy, to her parents, to best friend Erin (loved her), they all change and affect Jackie. And the most special and important impetus to her growth? Lucas, one of the best and sexiest bad boys I've ever read.

While reading Easy, I was the one sitting there in class, looking over my shoulder, and there was Lucas staring right at me. I know this scene has been done many times, but there's a reason why: it's totally hot to look up and catch the brooding, dark hero, so beautiful and magnetic, staring very intensely at you. Not only staring at you, but sketching you, seeming to be completely consumed by you. Now tell me that doesn't get you, no matter what age you are.

I felt really guilty sitting here reading Easy, wanting very much to cougarize Lucas. Lucas with the tats and the lip piercing, the Harley, the bright and intense stare ... I could really go on about the guy. And I have to say this book cover truly did the character justice. It's really spot on, not only in his looks, but also the tenderness and gentleness of his character, the way he touched Jackie, the way he looked at her. Just very romantic. Lucas is the white knight for Jackie, saving her from something very traumatic. He's such a protector.

And just as he was there for Jackie, it has to be said that she was there for him, too. Lucas has his own trauma to get over; he's very much that tormented hero, something very dark and hurtful in his past, something that haunts him years later.The author handled all this heavy emotion very skillfully. She gave it all the importance it deserved, but she still kept that light and wonderful new-love feeling going, and going strong at that. Along with heavy emotion, there's a lot of hope in the book.

There are some important messages in this book, all wrapped around the core of a solid and sweet romance. For me, it was a gentle romance, very sensual and soft, really very lovely. It was slow in the build-up, drawing out my pleasure, making me anticipate seeing these two characters trust and fall in love. A special story, a sweet and touching romance, all very well-written, sincere in voice and character and meaning. All of that plus a strong heroine and the sweetest bad boy you'd ever want to meet.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 14, 2012 7:01:06 AM PDT
Thanks for your review! I've been debating purchasing this book. Usually a fan of erotic romances, I'm hoping this boook doesn't bore me. I also noticed that it may be mislabeled as children's literature:
#1 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Fiction > Children's Fiction > Literature > Love & Romance
#1 in Books > Children's Books
#4 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks

Posted on Jun 14, 2012 12:23:17 PM PDT
S. Richards says:
Hi, Emerson, I see those labels now, and that does seem odd. I'm not sure how labeling for YA books works, though. I did notice on the Shelfari section a note to parents, which says the publisher calls Easy a 'mature young adult' romance. That does seem a long way from Children's Books.

Just like you, I mainly read erotic romance, but since everyone seemed to be talking about this book, I thought I'd check it out for myself. IMO, there's really not a lot of sex in it; the h/H make out and touch, etc. It's a slow build-up to sex, and when they do have sex, it's more that fade to black kind of thing. No hard words, no dirty talk. None of that sort of thing. More a soft type of sexy, romantic and sweet.
Hope it's a good read for you! :)
SR
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.6 out of 5 stars (1,847 customer reviews)
 (1,367)