3 of 3 people found the following review helpful
Pretty good, really,
This review is from: Team Knight Rider (Amazon Instant Video)
Many, many people hate Team Knight Rider. For its very human cars, for its not-always-great special effects, for its lack of Michael Knights and KITTs...
I understand that completely. TKR never had that special quality that made its parent show, Knight Rider, so successful.
However, TKR isn't quite the failure many people think it must be. Here's why:
1. The characters are memorable. At first they were all a bit stereotypical and flat, but later episodes developed their personalities more. And I slowly found that I greatly enjoyed the cars' personalities. Snobby Dante and agressive Attack Beast were especially likeable.
2. The stories were pretty good at times. "The Blonde Woman", "K.R.O.", "Angels In Chains", and "Legion of Doom" are episodes I especially enjoyed. "Legion of Doom" was a bit sad since the series ended before the story could be ended, but it was still an intriguing episode.
3. It had good music. Have you heard the TKR theme? Well you should. It's made me forget most of my complaints about the show, and is much easier to hum than the original KR theme.
4. It's funny. Well, maybe not the somewhat dated pop culture references, but the characters have a tendency to make amusing smart remarks.
5. And when humans fight each other, they look like they might actually be fighting. Certainly the scenes are more convincing than most KR human fight scenes.
To summarize: No, it's not a brilliant show. But if you're bored and want to see something with lots of talking cars and a (mostly) decent plot, you might want to give this show a try. I know I liked it, and maybe you will too.