The manufacturer commented on the review belowSee comments
1.0 out of 5 stars Brand New Watch Doesn't Work, June 10, 2012
This review is from: Nike+ SportWatch GPS Powered by TomTom (Black/Volt) (Sports)
I have never been as shocked and disappointed in a product and the response from customer service as I have been with this watch. Immediately after plugging it into the computer, the watch prompted me to download the "Nike+ Connect" software, and then proceeded to download a firmware update for the watch. Halfway through the download, the watch screen went blank, and a message reading "error #23" popped up. After this, the watch would not turn on or respond to a soft reboot. I assumed that the watch was defective, and exchanged it for a new one. After bringing the new one home, the exact same issue occured with "error #23." I called customer service, and the representative unapologetically informed me that this was an issue Nike knows about, and that they are working on an update to fix it. He couldn't tell me when this update would be out however, or any other information. I can't believe that Nike would sell a product that doesn't work out of the box, with no real fix in sight!

stem
The manufacturer commented on this review(What's this?)
Posted on Jun 11, 2012 6:44:57 AM PDT
(MANUFACTURER)
Hi Chris- Thanks for letting us know about your experience with your Nike+ SportWatch GPS. We are consistently working to improve and make updates to our Nike+ Connect software. We have resolved this specific error message (Error 23) with an update to our software on June 12, 2012. If you have any additional questions, please see our contact information at nikeplus.com/support and we will be more than happy to assist.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
A comment by the manufacturer   (What's this?)
Initial post: Jun 11, 2012 6:44:57 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 26, 2012 12:51:16 PM PDT

Posted on Jun 29, 2012 6:25:20 PM PDT
Whoa! They actually sold a product KNOWING that it had issues??? Never expected this from Nike. It's depressing to say the least!!!

Posted on Jun 30, 2012 6:35:08 AM PDT
Bill Thomas says:
"an issue our team is working tirelessly to resolve...need further assistance, we're happy to help"

But you didn't help the first time.
Acknowledging that your product doesn't work is NOT a resolution.
It sounds like your product is actually not ready for market.

I guess I'll keep my Garmin.

Posted on Sep 4, 2012 3:11:39 PM PDT
mdjohnson2 says:
Not sure where Nike indicates that this was a known defect prior to distributing, but what products can you say you've bought in the past where issues do arise? If Nike is working on solving the issue, would you want them to tell you in technical terms just exactly what they're doing? If customer service representatives were knowledgeable enough to assess problems and potential remedies, I wonder how much your products would cost then? And, then why would they take the customer service job in the first place? It seems to me that reasonable issues that arise can expect a reasonable amount of time to be repaired. If they aren't, then why don't you just return the watch instead of complain?

Posted on Oct 21, 2012 2:16:47 PM PDT
D. Bates says:
So after a year with this watch, it started to blink on me. I don't know if it is because it really isn't water resistant or that I ran too much. One way or another, this is ridiculous that the watch is doing this continuous blink to the point that I can't see any of my history or guide myself around. It is still working, but who knows how long. I was told by several people that this watch goes bad after a year...and I was hoping they were wrong....I was hoping...

Posted on Oct 27, 2012 5:07:57 PM PDT
(MANUFACTURER)
Hi D. Bates - Sounds like you could use some assistance. We'd like to help get your Nike+ SportWatch GPS back up and running. Please reach out to us through one of the avenues listed below and we will get you back on track.
US: USA 1-800-379-6453, 5am-10pm PT., 7 days a week
UK: +44 (0) 207 660 4452, Monday-Friday, 9am-6pm Central European Standard Time
You can also reach out to us on our social media channels:
Twitter: @nikesupport
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nikerunning/app_265092000187882

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 27, 2012 6:08:09 PM PDT
D. Bates says:
I did receive assistance and thank you guys. I have a new watch coming in the mail now, thanks to the warranty.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 27, 2012 6:08:56 PM PDT
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

3.5 out of 5 stars (1,367 customer reviews)

$249.99