5.0 out of 5 stars OUTSTANDING Book Series, February 14, 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Junie B. Jones's First Boxed Set Ever! (Books 1-4) (Paperback)
Junie B. books have propelled my 6 year old daughter into the wonderful world of reading chapter books on her own. She loves them so much that she can't put them down, and she recently started a Junie B. "library" collection. In her words: "I love Barbara Park (the author). She's SO good at writting the way kids talk and think. Barbara Park and Junie B. rock."
As a parent, I was skeptical at first. About a year ago, a neighbor (who is very heavy-hearted and serious about life) said she didn't like the books because she thought Junie B. had too much of an attitude. She loaned us one (The Stinky Smelly Bus) so that I could see for myself. I was hesitent, but read the book to my daughter. In summary, although Junie B. is far from perfect, she is surrounded by very clever, compassionate adults, she always learns from her mistakes, and she has a big heart. Additionally, the interest in my daughter's eyes and the big belly laughs she let out during the reading convinced me to buy a second book in the series.
I'm now a full force supporter of Junie B., and I enjoy seeing my daughter trade the various books in the series with her friends at school. Junie B. Jones books are their (and my) FAVORITE BY FAR! Thank you Barbara Park for lighting up my daughter's reading world and keeping it fun and interesting!!!
A final note: I do NOT recommend these books for children under six; they may misinterpret the wonderful messages Barbara Park is conveying, and focus only on Junie B.'s "spirited" personality (just as some of the other reviewers here have done!).

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 24, 2009 1:51:23 AM PDT
T. Irico says:
I could not have said this better myself! My boys, 5 and 6, love these books and it has finally got them interested in reading! Barbara Park is a godsend.

Posted on Dec 20, 2011 9:18:13 AM PST
My granddaughter is in 1st Grade and has begun to read this series of books & loves reading them! I bought her the Christmas one for Christmas & her Birthday is in January, so I plan tp get her one of the Boxed sets.

Posted on Dec 5, 2012 8:24:42 PM PST
H. Kremer says:

Posted on Apr 5, 2013 12:20:02 PM PDT
ZHQ Mommy says:
My daughters grew up reading these books and I came back to check the age range as a gift for a friend's daughter... I was surprised by the negative comments. Junie B is NOT perfect, but she is a great introduction to reading and to reflecting on the world. I highly recommend!!!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

3.7 out of 5 stars (538 customer reviews)

$19.96 $11.28