64 of 75 people found the following review helpful
This review is from: Forza Motorsport 4 - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
If you're a fan of the Forza series, or of cars and/or car racing in general, chances are that you will love this game.
- Absolutely stunning graphics
- The Autovista mode is gorgeous, it really does look as good or better than real life at times
- Career mode is more engaging
- Choices for reward cars make the game feel more personal, more choices mean you can either stick to a certain brand/style or hoard everything possible
- Control is excellent and very responsive
- The assists have more choices, allowing you to cater the difficulty level from brand new beginner to hardcore simulation player
- Excellent variety of cars available, all are extremely detailed and a joy to look at
- The Top Gear inclusion is excellent and Jeremy Clark adds a lot of character to the game
- The Music score is good and very fitting for the game's theme
- No weather effects or night driving is a real shame
- More new tracks would've been great, only a handful of new ones added on
- No Porsches available due to the EA contract, really lame move from EA. The rights are said to expire later this year so hopefully that means Turn 10 can add them as DLC or what-not
Overall: This game is not only extremely enjoyable, but a work of art in terms of graphics and sounds. A must-have for car-fanatics and racing fans alike.
9.5/10 HIGHLY recommended.
Tracked by 1 customer
Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 18, 2011 8:12:07 AM PDT
No Porsches at all??? What if you have them in F3, do they not get moved over? This is horrible, IMO, because the 911 GT3 is one of my favorite cars to drive in the game.
In reply to an earlier post on Oct 18, 2011 5:52:05 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 18, 2011 5:54:02 PM PDT
C. Boeshaar says:
For Porsche fans it does suck, I agree. Like I said in the review it's due to an EA games decision because they own the Porsche rights. News story link is here:
And to answer your question no, sadly even if you have Porsches in Forza 3 they don't carry over.
There is the RUF brand, which is basically unmarked supercharged Porsche cars which look almost identical.
It is a real shame, but again like I stated in the review EA's rights expires pretty soon so hopefully that means Turn 10 will be able to release Porsches into the game sooner rather than later (if at all).
I guess this is EA's way of trying to sabotage Forza 4 to sell their racing game Shift instead? I don't know the real reason, just speculating, either way it's a really cheap move from EA.
In reply to an earlier post on Jul 1, 2012 2:27:20 AM PDT
I never even noticed the lack of Porsche, got mine on launch via pre-order. They're there now, but only as paid DLC. Not a concern for me though, don't really like 'em.
Kinda frustrating still, that EA keeps getting these exclusive contracts/rights deals. They just mass-produce games, ya know, quantity-over-quality. With their strategies, they'll never be able to dethrone FM or GT.
Posted on Sep 28, 2014 7:08:51 PM PDT
Many years later, I'd just like to note that Porsche is available as DLC (since May 22, 2012). 30 Porsches for $20. Given that the whole game is $29 right now, it's a liiiiiiiiitle insane.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›