5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding value. Well designed and built., October 16, 2010
This review is from: Strathwood St. Thomas Cast-Aluminum Fire Pit with Table (Lawn & Patio)
Length:: 2:00 Mins

We wanted a fire pit that would provide a place to set drinks and plates and work as a table other times. This fits the bill perfectly.

The video provides details and also gives some suggestions about getting and assembling this excellent fire pit.

Also, this cover, Veranda 44-Inch Round Fire Pit Cover, fits this fire pit perfectly; even with the screen dome in place.

December 2013 Update: I see that people are still acknowledging this review and want to point out that the table is still going strong after three years (and three winters). I keep it covered when it's not in use and it still looks good. When I get a chance I'll update the video with some current pictures.

BTW, I feel that honest, effective reviews, accompanied by detailed videos, can take the place of first-hand experiences that are often lacking in online shopping. I've always appreciated the help I've received from other reviewers and try to return the favor as best as I can. I hope you found this review helpful and the video at least entertaining. If there was anything you thought was lacking or unclear leave a comment and I'll do what I can to fix it.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 8 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 37 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 26, 2010 9:46:24 AM PST
Thank you for this video! Excellent advice - from the size & weight of the box to the assembly - bravo! I hope you review more products I am interested in!

Posted on Mar 20, 2011 7:21:54 PM PDT
Terrific video, Robert! I love the lid that makes it a table when not in use as a firepit - what a great idea! This would be great for my backyard.

Posted on Apr 18, 2011 3:53:57 PM PDT
CJF says:
Great review!! Thanks! Can you tell me if the bowl fits standard sized logs? I'm worried the logs will over flow from the bowl making it difficult to use the table.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2011 8:01:50 PM PDT
Bob Tobias says:
It can fit one log (piece - assumes split wood) across and two or three leaning on it for the dome to fit. The "table" part is pretty wide anyway.

Posted on Jun 27, 2011 2:02:24 PM PDT
Hi Robert -- the video is great. I would love to see a fire burning in the pit. The table is great but the bowl does look small. Also, how hot does the table get when burning?

thanks

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 27, 2011 6:05:15 PM PDT
Bob Tobias says:
Great idea about adding some pictures of a burning fire and I'll add those the first chance I get.

I like the bowl size; it's just right to have three good sized log pieces burning. The table doesn't get hot but what you put on it will. That won't be from the hot table but the burning fire. Because of that, warm drinks do nicely there and cold beverages are best kept off the table.

Posted on Jul 5, 2011 7:18:42 AM PDT
Robert, your video is top-notch, professional quality, and you should be making a living doing this stuff. Thanks so much for sharing.

Posted on Aug 16, 2011 2:38:24 PM PDT
Rus says:
This is the first customer video I've "read" and I am delighted by it. Have been interested in this item but you gave extra details, like the adjustable feet and number of logs it will take, that help me make a decision. Thank you for the time and thought you put into sharing this!!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 16, 2011 7:49:45 PM PDT
Barbara & Kathleen,

Thank you for the kind words... I spend the time putting these things together in the hope some will find them helpful. Feedback such as yours lets me know I'm on the right track.

Now, if it will only cool down so I can start using it again.

Regards,

Bob

Posted on Aug 17, 2011 6:15:08 PM PDT
JoyMina7 says:
Bravo Robert!! Thatnks for taking the time and effort on this informative review!
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.4 out of 5 stars (228 customer reviews)

$369.99 $242.08