1.0 out of 5 stars Wishful Thinking Doesn't Necessarily Result In A Good Book, July 21, 2012
This review is from: Mick: The Wild Life and Mad Genius of Jagger (Hardcover)
I bought this book because I thought it might be interesting. Truth is, it might be interesting to some people who want to read a trashy work of fiction inspired by heresay about a real person. Sex, drugs, and rock and roll is a pretty good formula for book sales. The problem with this book is that it relates a lot of tawdry tales about a supposedly bisexual Jagger hopping into bed with so many people that it would be a wonder if the man could walk let alone perform on stage after his many sex sessions. Above and beyond that, most of what is recalled here really can't be substantiated through multiple or even reputable sources.
When you strip away the glitz of Jagger's persona what remains is a boring book that isn't remotely compelling and not particularly well written. I had a very difficult time reading this book because it was boring.
Since Jagger's life has been played out publicly for 5 decades, I expected this book to be a legitimate biography based on documented fact since there is plenty of material out there. Problem is this is a jumble of junk.
I'm mad that I spent money on this book, but in this case I have no one to blame except myself.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 1, 2012 5:07:29 AM PDT
Bug Girl says:
Now, that I know this is a "terrible book" I still want to read it, but I want them to lower the price. It is way over priced for a no cost download of a book. I want a deal. I would buy it for $4.99, but no more then that. Except I read a bio of Led Zep that also talked about nothing but sex, and it really turned me off. I had to stop reading it, as it was destroying my fondness for Robert Plant. Then I tried to erase it from my memory as much as I could. I hope this book is not one of those types of books. X rated and should come with a warning label.

Posted on Oct 22, 2012 8:53:16 AM PDT
Have flipped through most of this latest bit of fluff by Christopher Andersen; and no surprise, it is all third rate gossip and not very good gossip. Drugs, sex, drugs, and if Mick Jagger were that busy with the men and women, my only question: From where did he find the time to record any so-called songs?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 30, 2013 6:05:29 AM PDT
Constantine says:
I got mine at the library.

Posted on Mar 30, 2013 6:17:11 AM PDT
Bug Girl says:
After watching Crossfire Hurricane, I was more upset by his chain smoking back stage then I think would be about all the sex. I mean smoking is more dangerous, considering back then there was no disease that was incurable that one could get from sex. I don't think he ever was filmed back stage when he was not smoking. That is what accounts for deep facial wrinkles. Look at his face and be warned people.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›