4.0 out of 5 stars LIKE CARROTS FOR YOUR ESCHATOLOGICAL INSIGHT, October 7, 2006
This review is from: Prophecy 20/20: Profiling the Future Through the Lens of Scripture (Paperback)
PROPHECY 20/20 by Chuck Missler will do for your insight into Bible prophecies about world events what carrots will do for your eyesight. It's been said that eating lots of carrots will improve your vision, and I believe it: ever seen a rabbit seeing an optometrist? See? Well, I think PROPHECY 20/20 will also help you to see where we currently stand on God's timeline. And I'll tell you right now what time I think it is: I think we're about to get that "wake up call"; I think the alarm clock is about to blare; I think it's later than you think. Anyone who believes that all is well with the world is dreaming...but not for long! We're about to wake up to a nightmare!

When one has read as many books on Bible prophecy about the End-Times as I have, they reach a point of diminishing returns. I thought, Do I really need to read another book on this subject? Well, I'm glad I did because Chuck Missler's PROPHECY 20/20 is so up-to-date, and Missler always organizes his material in such a logical fashion. I even learned a few more very important things - not bad for an old dog, eh? This is the fourth Missler book I've mentally digested and each one has been a memorable meal.

PROPHECY 20/20 will give you a sharp overview of past Biblical prophecies fulfilled and then explore those yet to come. And I strongly urge you to dig in now because that light you see at the end of the tunnel (if you've got your eyes open at all) is indeed an oncoming train!

Did you know that an Old Testament Bible prophecy certifiably written at least three hundred years before the birth of Christ foretold the EXACT DAY He would ride that donkey into Jerusalem and proclaim Himself the King of Israel? Did you know that an EMP attack could, in a matter of minutes, blast the United States back into the 1800s? (Do you know what an EMP attack is?) Did you know that Allah is not the Arabic name for God, but is the proper name for the moon god, and that's why the crescent moon adorns mosques throughout the world? Did you know that three thousand slave labor camps in China are presently exploiting tens of millions of slave labor prisoners to produce much of the $45 billion in Chinese goods imported by America, and that America still designates China as a "Most Favored Nation Trading Partner"? And did you think that America won't answer to God for this?

Although PROPHECY 20/20 examines far more than just America's place in the End-Times scenario, one of the things I most appreciated about this book was chapter 26, The American Challenge. Many Christian preachers and writers love to extol the virtues of The United States; they lay it on thick about how we're the last bastion of freedom, the warriors for Christ on the globe, the conscience and the example for the rest of the world, and all that other hogwash! Missler is one writer who doesn't shy away from pouring the truth straight out of the vial:

Where is the most dangerous place for an American to be? In his/her mother's womb; there's a one in four chance of being murdered. Over the last 30 years the United States has experienced a: 560% increase in violent crime; 400% increase in illegitimate births; 400% increase in the divorce rate; 300% increase in single-parent homes; 200% increase in teenage suicides; and a 75% DROP in S.A.T. scores. The deterioration of each of these indicators - and dozens of others - can be traced to the year we outlawed The Bible from our schools. Think God might have something to say to us about all this?

One area in which Missler and I disagree is the identity of "that great city Babylon" which is utterly destroyed in Revelation's 18th chapter. He is looking for a reemergence to world power of the original Babylon in Iraq. One reason (among many) I am sure New York City is "that great city Babylon" is that the 18th chapter of Revelation clearly marks her as a major seaport. This could hardly describe Iraq's Babylon! I'm as sure as I can be that either New York City is "Babylon" or else the End-Times are still 100 years or more into the future because it would probably require that much time for another city to attain the wealth and influence described in Revelation 18. I believe just as strongly, however, that we now stand on the edge of "The End." But as with all Bible prophecy, a "wait and see" attitude is the most prudent. (Although Missler's observation on page 238 that the United Nations may be seeking to relocate itself out of New York "for a number of reasons" certainly doesn't hurt my case any!)

I highly recommend Chuck Missler's PROPHECY 20/20. This book, along with END-TIME PROPHECIES OF THE BIBLE by David Haggith, may be the only two you really need on this subject.

I'll end with the Billy Graham quote found on page 245: "If God doesn't judge America, He will have to apologize to Sodom and Gomorrah."

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first

Posted on Oct 28, 2006 3:18:13 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Oct 7, 2007 4:46:53 PM PDT]

Posted on Nov 13, 2006 9:08:55 PM PST
DAVID STRONG says:
Your view of "New York" and America having some type of "special place" in interpreting End Times Prophecy and Judgement has been around for 40 years with New York as the real "Harlot Babylon" (considering the fact that the Bible and Prophecy is always centered around Israel and the Middle East)

The old Soviet USSR Cold War backdrop is no longer a realistic context for current events, where you fit a round peg like "Rosh" into a square hole like "Russia" and the same goes for picking out your favorite "Babylon" from a world selection of coastal cities.

The old 1960's "anti-establishment" view of New York city as Babylon is now being replaced by the reality of a new World War 3 with "Middle East Islam" that may last for a years or generations, given Iran's future nuclear bombs.

The case for a Harlot Babylon of Mecca/Saudi Arabia/Islam is detailed in WHY I LEFT JIHAD RADICAL ISLAM by Walid Shoebat (now Christian ie. Born Again) and the Koran's later addition and mirror reversal of John's writing of the Book of Revelation prepares the world's 1 and half billion Moslems to accept the Anti-Christ and his False Prophet masquerading as a type of Moslem Messiah and an Islam "Jesus" who take over the world, destroy Israel and kill or subjugate all non-Moslem infidels as part of Islam's god's New World Order. (read) ANTICHRIST ISLAM'S AWAITED MESSIAH by Joel Richardson for details of Revelation's twisted reversal in the Koran. Robert Livingston (a missionary to Islam) in CHRISTIANITY AND ISLAM THE FINAL CLASH also believes Islam to be the Anti-Christ empire, but like you he sets out New York to be the Harlot Babylon to be judged. ... Myself, I think that everything will play out in the context of the Middle East countries, although the threat of the Anti-Christ may still expand world wide (outside the Middle East). One thing for sure is that in any case, when Jesus does return all of "the Nations" will be judged accordingly as well as everyone individually, so in that context New York and the rest of the unbelieving world will indeed have to face His Judgement. Don't take current speculation as "Gospel" just stick to the facts of the Gospel to help lead others to a personal relationship (born again) with Jesus. We'll see how it all starts to unfold probably a lot sooner than we think (bad news and "the Good News")

From my Amazon Guide: Take a Closer Look at Islam ...

The modern, TRADITIONAL INTERPRETATION of the Bible (Daniel and Revelation): another ANTI-CHRIST WORLD DICTATOR would come out of the revived (modern) Roman Empire - the EUROPEAN UNION OF TODAY. This was based upon Daniel's interpretation of (Babylonian) King Nebuchadnezzar's dream of a multi-metallic statue of a man (image) and Daniel's related dream of four Beasts (meaning four Empires).

The book of DANIEL's FOUR EMPIRES were traditionally thought to be a replacement of each other over time: Babylon, Media-Persia, Greek (Alexander the Great) and then Rome. The final Empire of Rome both then and in the future (now).

The attack by ISLAM against (Israel and) Western Civilization has shifted the focus of this "traditional" interpretation:
(1) The GLOBAL THREAT is not Communism - but ISLAM
(2) The REVIVED ROMAN EMPIRE not Western (Europe) - but the EASTERN part
(3) The Arab/Moslem war against Israel with a COUNTRY FROM THE NORTH, not Russia - but TURKEY

** THE BIBLE **
The ROMAN EMPIRE portion of the metallic statue was two legs made of iron (mixed with clay at the feet). The TWO LEGS REPRESENT THE TWO HALVES of the Roman Empire, of which the EASTERN ROMAN EMPIRE lasted a thousand years longer than the West. The capital in the western half of the Empire was "Rome" and the capital in the eastern half was "Constantinople" --- CONSTANTINOPLE IS NOW THE CAPITAL "ISTANBUL" in Turkey. Turkey for the present is a member of NATO and is a "secular" (non-religious) Islamic country controlled by the military. But like Iran, Pakistan and Turkey will probably collapse and fall into the hands of the "religious" leaders. Turkey will join in the attack against Israel.

The DREAM STATUE was not simply over time, but was the same geographically - the Middle East. Alexander the Great's Empire and the Eastern half of the Roman Empire included modern Turkey within "Asia Minor". The Statue's image is not a succession of separate Empires, but a GEOGRAPHIC CONTINUATION of the same Empire - all the way back to the Babylonian and Assyrian Empires.

And the prior "Roman Empire" was NOT Roman, but instead the MOSLEM, Turkish, Old Ottoman Empire. It was the Ottoman Turks who (from 1822 thru 1923) are responsible for murder and massacres of 1 to 2 million Greeks and Armenians, 150,000 Christians in Assyria and others, as well as 4,000 Cypriots in 1974.

The HARLOT BABYLON (false one-world religion) is not the Liberal Church or "New Age" religion, but the now dominant religion of these Middle Eastern Empires.

READ Revelation ch 17-18 and Ezekiel ch 27 about her punishment in the future.

The Harlot is at the same time: a city, a rich world economy and a false religion.
- The Harlot city is called Babylon, Rome and Tyre
- The Harlot has a rich world economy
- The Harlot has her own false religion

The Harlot Babylon of Revelation is now considered by more people to be a real reference to: Saudi Arabia, the city of Mecca and the false religion of Islam.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 2, 2007 3:49:50 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Apr 28, 2008 1:59:03 PM PDT]

Posted on Oct 7, 2007 5:09:42 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 7, 2007 5:13:33 PM PDT
I don't know about new york being that city babylon (though it definately has some of the same habits). The book of Revelation is set in the future after the rapture, and much of it's language is figurative. However, we can glean some information from it. For example Revelation 18:23-24 "And the light of the candle shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived. And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth." KJV

What is interesting is it says the bridegroom and bride "Shall be no more at all in thee." Also of interest is that the word soceries is the greek word pharmakia (where we get our modern day word pharmacy). E.W. Bullinger's describes the word Pharmakia as such, "a preparing or using of medicine, (Eng. pharmacy); then, the using of any kind of drugs, potions, or spells." From this I have concluded that the drug trade (of some kind, only God knows to what extent), and the public being deceived by drugs will be a major part of the new world system. After all "her merchants were the great men of the earth."

"For by thy sorceries (aka DRUGS) were all nations deceived. ANd in her was found the blood of the prophets, and of saints, and all that were slain upon the earth."

E.W. Bullinger's commentary on Revelation is on my to read list. I have heard that it is one of THE BEST... If not the best resource on this subject out there.

But how about that Revelation 18:23 tells us how the whole world gets deceived. The Bible never ceases to reveal things I've never known, and in verses i've read a thousand times. I can't wait to meet Jesus Christ

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 8, 2007 9:55:03 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Apr 28, 2008 1:55:23 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 15, 2007 1:41:23 PM PDT
Ah yes but Mr. Lamsa translated it soceries as well. I don't have an Aramaic lexicon (wish I could find one), but I feel it's safe to say that the KJV and Lamsa agree here. On a side note I'm studying greek, and even JOhn Dobson states that it's very obvious that the bible was not originally in greek. It translates very easily into Hebrew (and probably Aramaic since they are related languages). The greek used in the new testament documents is of a hebrew/aramaic style of writing, and greek scholars (can any man really be called that) have said that The Bible would not be considered good greek form (probably because it was not written in greek). So at least on one aspect we agree, and I humbly respect your opinion even though I do feel that these greek documents (When in agreement from multiple greek documents) do add to the picture. We don't have an original copy of the bible in exsistance. Only by God's grace do we have the copies of copies that we have. I too believe that the bible was most likely written in either Aramaic or Hebrew. A well informed church member told me about three years ago that they unearthed a tomb in Israel that said in ancient Aramaic, "This is James the brother of Jesus." So I don't think were far apart on this issue. The historical proof points to aramaic at this time. However, the oldest documents are still greek. Either way we still only have copies of copies of copies. The earliest copies we have to my knowledge is from the third or fourth century. We truly "see through a glass darkly" don't we my friend. If I don't get to meet you on this exsistance then we will have some great discussions about how much we didn't know when I talk your ear off in the world to come.
Your brother in Christ,
Marc

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2007 10:34:27 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Apr 28, 2008 1:55:02 PM PDT]

Posted on Oct 21, 2007 1:13:58 PM PDT
One thing I know about God from The Bible is he is a forgiving God. That's why The Bible is the greatest book on earth, and our God (in my humble opinion) the only true God. What other religion shows the weakness of man and a loving and forgiving God who is always willing to bring us back to him if were straight with him and ask to be forgiven. Recently I thought about King David. Heres a guy who had a guy killed in the front line of battle so he could steal his wife. God got a little upset with him for that. However, God accepted his change of heart and kept his promises to him. All through King and Chronicles you read how God saved Israel and Judah because of his promise to his servent David. God's made some promises to us to, and our promises are greater than those given to David. I blow it everyday. I talk to God all the time about it, and sometimes I have to remember that God knows my weaknesses. After all he made me. Take care dear friend. May God's love rule your heart today as it will forever in the age to come.

Your brother in Christ,
Marc

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 22, 2007 9:04:38 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Apr 28, 2008 1:54:48 PM PDT]
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›

Review Details

Item

Reviewer

Location: a Mensa-donkey in Phoenix, Airheadzona.