5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive, you have to see for yourself, June 5, 2006
This really is a good wallet. Of course, what I like about it most is the size. Like most men, I had a standard leather biker wallet. A big bulky thing, that was so big, over the years I had to buy a smaller and smaller one. Soon I was getting annoyed and I started searching for a new wallet. And lately I have used a number of new wallets including a few money clips.

I was surprised when the All-Ett came in the mail; it came in a large envelope (completely flat). The biggest complaint I have with the All-Ett wallet is how it feels. It is durable, but it feels flimsy and makes a crackling sound in your pocket or when you open it. This is because of the spinnaker cloth. I will repeat again, "it is durable" .But this aside, I wouldn't trade this wallet for anything, that is how much I like it. Many times I even wear this wallet into my front pants pocket for safe keeping, it is that small.

The All-Ett doesn't seem to hold very small, "keychain" cards very well. At least I have not found a way to hold them securely. It holds regular credit cards, cash, and pictures very securely. It also doesn't hold change, no big deal because I hate change anyway. I have a large amount of material in my All-Ett and it is about one quarter the size of my old leather wallet. Right now, in my All-Ett, I have close to 30 cards, about $100, and a few pieces of folded paper in my wallet and it's still very slim and very small. I also like the All-Ett because I routinely carry a wallet in my front jacket pocket; my old wallets were too big for this. In addition, it holds pictures better than most standard wallets which is a very nice feature, possibly overlooked.

The biggest complaint most people will have with the All-Ett is how it feels and the sound it makes. It's not really that noisy, it's just a different feel. It is also not cheap, the rip-stop nylon is very thin so this makes it feel flimsy, but it is strong. I don't believe this wallet will last 10 years or longer, but I definitely see it lasting 3-5 years. Some have been known to last 5 years according to their website. These are the only drawbacks I can think of. The positives far outweigh the negatives. I used standard wallets for years but I am now convinced, and love this wallet very much. Good product.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 7, 2007 10:45:29 AM PDT
Tans Allman says:
you have 30 credit cards?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 7, 2007 12:19:57 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 7, 2007 12:23:24 AM PDT
J. Reich says:
Right now I have exactly 27 cards in my wallet and about 200 bucks. lol. Oops, I have numerous cards, mostly store cards, library and ID's. I also have my insurance and other misc papers in the wallet. And it is still slim and works great! Well over a year and this wallet is still doing great! I will buy another if it fails. Love it.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 26, 2007 8:36:37 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 26, 2007 8:59:58 PM PDT
M. Irigoyen says:
But 27 credit card would come to an inch - how is that possible for a slim wallet?? I guess it's just a joke on your part?

Edit: Oh I see, you are making fun of the item description on amazon: "... an ALL-ETT® Billfold holds 30 cards," LOL!!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 21, 2009 4:42:42 AM PDT
J. Clark says:
I doubt he's joking. If you actually look at the wallet (better images can be found at their site: all-ett.com), it has two levels of credit cards, meaning that an inch high stack would become two half inch stacks. Even if 27 cards does come to an inch, which I doubt (given that many of those wouldn't feature the raised letters of credit cards), half an inch is not very thick for a wallet. My current wallet is thicker than that when it's empty.

Posted on Jan 10, 2011 9:40:05 PM PST
M. Hughes says:
does anyone else have a durability problem with this. I have been through two and they always suffer the same fate.
The corners of the all ett rip after about 6- 8 months. Also the material stretches, although they say it should not, and no longer securely holds my cards in place. This has become annoying.
I would also say that it does not seem to hold a lot of cash. 8 or more bills and the wallet does not close well.
I am debating buying a third as these problems don't seem to have been addressed.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›