5.0 out of 5 stars Perhaps the best purchase I've ever made!, November 13, 2010
This review is from: Cheetah Mounts APSAMB 32-65" LCD TV Wall Mount Bracket with Full Motion Swing Out Tilt & Swivel Articulating Arm for Flat Screen Flat Panel LCD LED Plasma TV and Monitor Displays Includes Free 10' Braided High Speed HDMI Cable With Ethernet (Electronics)
I purchased this mount for my 47" Sharp Aquos LCD TV. After visiting Best Buy, and seeing that the cheapest feasible option for a swivel-mount for a TV of my size was upwards of $200, I came to Amazon and found this Cheetah Mount. I am a VERY picky shopper, and make pro/con & side-by-side comparison lists for almost all of my "important" purchases. After doing the same for TV mounts, I decided on this mount. For the price I paid (around $60 all said & done), I feel that I absolutely STOLE this mount!

When arriving, I was very surprised at how heavy this mount is. Taking the parts out, they are all of very sturdy construction. Still, I doubted if they would be able to hold my 88lbs TV out from the wall without breaking.

Installation was about an hour long process if you understand the instructions. The printed instructions were perhaps the only weakness of this mount. They are not really worded correctly, and rather difficult to understand. Simply look at the pictures to learn how to install, then just do it. Use a laser level to drill the holes into the studs. The most difficult aspect of mounting, in my opinion, was lifting my 88lbs TV up to 7' tall to hang on the mount by myself. Highly recommend having someone help you with the install, as the parts themselves are very heavy as well.

I don't see how folks are having problems with their TV's appearing cock-eyed on the wall after mount. Even if the holes are not drilled perfect, the TV can be adjusted for right & left tilt on the mount itself afterwards with sliding allen screws. They thought of everything with this design. The TV fit well.

The function of this mount is incredible! It pulls out almost 3' from the wall, swivels far enough to view the TV perfectly from any area in my living room, and the tilt function is awesome as well for those of us having to mount the TV rather high. After a month on my wall, there is no signs of any stress to my studs, wall, mount, or TV itself.

I could not be happier with this mount. If you are looking for a strong, sturdy, and highly functional way to mount your TV on the wall, this is for sure the answer. It has held my 90lbs TV up with absolutely no problems at all. For $60, you would seriously be crazy not to purchase this mount. I can assure you that you will be satisfied with the mount.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]