Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grooming Deals Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Black Friday Deals Outdoor Deals on HTL

4.0 out of 5 stars Needs synced with wii, June 4, 2011
To sync this you can either press 1 and 2 together at the same time when on the home menu or you can open the battery back..then press the red button...then open the slot on the side of the wii and press the red button their (or vice versa) and voila! The remote will work then. Mine didnt when I first tried and after researching online I found these little hints to get the remote to work. Yeah, its not "real" but it works!

[Add comment]
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 27, 2011 5:06:20 PM PST
Thank you for the instructions...since it came with nothing and would not work out of the box, this was very helpful! One thing, since you have one, can you tell me if this remote is ever able to make choices (selecting games or options) or does that always have to happen with the first controller?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 26, 2012 7:08:55 PM PDT
K says:
I know it's been a while, but for others who will see this:

Usually, only the 1st player can select gaming options. Either controller can be made the first player. Also, every new Wii controller, regardless of who manufactured it, must be synced to the Wii in the manner described above (pressing 1+2 together and pressing the red buttons, etc.) Otherwise, it will not work. I think the remotes that come with the Wii you bought are pre-synced. :)

Posted on Nov 26, 2012 1:16:10 PM PST
I bought two Intec controllers for players 3 and 4. I tried these instructions but I could only get one Intec brand controller to work at a time, and then the originals would not work once I synced the Intec controller. Very frustrating.

Posted on Dec 25, 2012 12:59:22 PM PST
D. Jensen says:
For our installation, it seemed like pushing the red sync buttons on both the console and the remote was the only way to get the console to see the remote. Simultaneous pushing of buttons 1 and 2 never did any good.

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 10:55:08 AM PST
TMac says:
I was able to get one of the remotes to work but not the other. I tried all these options and still nothing. Do you have any suggestions?

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 8:16:57 PM PST
K. Brimhall says:
I bought 3 of these remotes, not realizing they were not genuine Wii remotes. They work fine but I was frustrated to find that it would not work with remote charger I had previously purchased. There is a slight size difference in the back of the remote so the rechargeable battery pack that came with the charger does not fit the knock off remotes. As a consumer I should have looked more carefully before purchasing, but I think the seller should be more explicit that these are not actual Wii remotes, rather they are generic knock offs.

Posted on Jan 22, 2013 12:11:37 PM PST
This is how all Wii remotes work. You have to perform these steps to sync any remote with any "new" console. I've only bought actual Nintendo branded Wii remotes, but since I have 3 consoles and only 6 remotes, we frequently have to re-sync remotes when we switch between consoles. Particularly, since I only like to play with my gold Zelda remote.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 16, 2013 6:21:36 PM PDT
Dione says:
What did you expect for the price. Everyone wants something for nothing. If you wanted a real remote then you should have paid the price for them.

Posted on Jul 23, 2013 5:03:13 PM PDT
AJP57 says:
Thank you for explaining how to sync the remote. I was worried that I had bought something that wasn't going to work but pushing the red buttons did the trick. Very helpful.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›