5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing TV, April 15, 2011
This review is from: LG Infinia 60PZ950 60-Inch 1080p 600 Hz Active 3D THX Certified Plasma HDTV with TruBlack Filter and Smart TV (2011 Model) (Electronics)
This is a great TV, at a great price. I love the picture quality in 2D and 3D (with the optional AG-S250 glasses), it performs extremely well with my Xbox 360 and PS3 and I'm happy I invested the extra money over the PZ550 and PZ750 - the Magic Remote, THX certification and TruBlack Filter were definitely worth it for my purposes.

Netflix is a nice feature and I hope they will keep updating this software, as it could have more picture/zoom settings - it doesn't really matter if you have other streaming devices, but it's still a point that could be improved.

I know this is not very much information, I've only had the TV for a week now, but I'd definitely recommend it to other customers and might update this review over time.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 15, 2011 12:33:01 PM PDT
D. Lees says:
hi markus. very, very glad to hear from someone else who has this TV. i've got the 50" (which i posted about) and we just love it. i bought the wrong glasses (the other lg ones) so we haven't see 3D yet, but i wonder: do you have any problems with the active shutter making you nauseated? is it worth spending the money on to get the glasses? if you have time, please keep posting your thoughts. i'm very interested in hearing the opinion of other owners. what settings you like best, etc. thanks & regards.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 15, 2011 5:43:53 PM PDT
Markus says:
Hi,

I'm glad you're happy with your TV as well - I haven't experienced any problems with viewing 3D content so far, just wish there was more content out there and that Netflix started offering it : )

Fry's Electronics are selling the glasses (AG-S250) for $65 + Tax - if they don't have a store in your area, they also have a website where you can order the glasses.

As to settings, I like the THX one but I've been using standard with a low contrast for the break in period (first 100 hours). I'm not sure if current Plasmas even need a break in period, but it's not a big deal to just keep the contrast down and not display constant images for too long.

Hope that helps ; )

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 15, 2011 7:15:50 PM PDT
D. Lees says:
thanks! that's definitely helpful, and much appreciated. $65? great deal.
i'm with you, i like THX best, but we're keeping it at standard with reduced contrast & brightness for the first 100 hours.
i've read that you don't have to do it with the newest plasmas, but i don't know if that's true. and, besides, it's no big deal to pace ourselves for the first 100 hours. think how great it will be when we DO crank it up :-)
regards & happy viewing

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 20, 2011 7:55:12 AM PDT
Sheshechic says:
THX with brightness and contrast turned down a bit won't hurt your tv. Also, zoom the picture when watching shows with logos during the breakin.

Posted on Apr 20, 2011 11:49:49 PM PDT
D. Go says:
Hi Guys,

my tv is coming this friday and i can't wait.

question - what type of hdmi cables are you using? the one they sell here in amazon - do they work?

Posted on Apr 30, 2011 9:34:25 AM PDT
WOWRAIDER says:
My biggest concern is Screen Glare, aka Reflections of lights. I know, I know, turn the lights out. Would somebody WITH this LG 60PZ950 TV please comment on Room Light Reflections. I currently have two 52" tvs. 1 is a DLP in our sunroom with windows on 3 sides and the other a LCD is in our family room with a reading light on in the room and kitchen lights nearby. Neither TV shows any light reflections. Looking at other brand Plasma and LCD tv's in stores I see horrible Light Reflections on the screens. When Reflections are commented on in forums they all indicate that all TV manufactures seem to not consider Light Reflection a problem.

In reply to an earlier post on May 26, 2011 1:09:37 PM PDT
IsaacG says:
The screen on this tv is very flat glass. It is beautiful and extends to the end of the unit. However, if you have a lot of lights or windows, you will probably have a reflection problem. Ours is in a very dark room where we keep all but one of the dark curtains drawn for tv watching. The ceiling light in the center of the room does not cause a problem, but a floor lamp and the windows do cause a problem if the curtains are left open. If this is an issue for you, you might want to consider something else. Too bad, because this is a great picture, better than any led/lcd I've ever seen.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›