Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

1.0 out of 5 stars I will never buy another pair of these jeans., April 12, 2009
This review is from: Levi's Men's 550 Relaxed-Fit Jean (Apparel)
The last FOUR pair of Levi 550 relaxed fit jeans I have purchased have had the second belt loop on the left pop off where it is anchored at the bottom. It just pulls out and leaves a hole in the fabric. No, I do not pull up my jeans up by the belt loop and no, I do not yank out the belt when removing it. You would think that I would have learned my lesson sooner. The quality of this product has declined terribly in the last few years, probably due to someone's brilliant idea of cutting costs. Well, no more overpriced Levis for me. I am done paying top dollar for junk!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 19 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 30, 2012 10:47:27 AM PDT
I agree. How tough would it be to program this improvement into design and quality control?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2013 10:10:07 AM PST
most of mine do exactly the same. Levi's quality's slipped a lot in recent years.

Posted on Mar 6, 2013 11:00:48 AM PST
MarieKir says:
EXACT same thing happened with mine. Levi's is consistently selling jeans where the belt loops won't even stay on? Seriously?

Posted on Mar 18, 2013 8:29:35 AM PDT
Philip Pace says:
Bwaahaha - the EXACT same thing has happened to three pair of mine over the years. Left side, second loop, bottom. I use that as my 'wear indicator' and donate them to Goodwill after that happens. Makes no sense though.

Posted on Mar 30, 2013 6:11:23 PM PDT
Jakkkke says:
Ditto, 4 of 4 pair in 2 years. I thought it was me.

Posted on Apr 23, 2013 10:30:37 AM PDT
W. V. says:
Thanks for the advise. Same thing happened to me with the loop of my old Levy Baggy Jeans that I like so much and was discontinued.

Posted on Apr 26, 2013 6:39:43 AM PDT
-B says:
All 8 pair of my husband's levis popped the 2nd left loop. WTH? FYI my Uncle is farmer, he swears 1 pair of Levi has $.12 of cotton in them.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 26, 2013 7:26:44 AM PDT
Philip Pace says:
$0.12 may be exactly right, which means there is a huge amount of expense in labor and distribution. You wonder why it's so much less expensive to make something overseas and ship it here - when (in this case) 99% of the expense is labor oriented, and labor overseas is a fraction of what domestic labor is. Levis sells their regular 501s for $48 but you can buy the USA made 501s for $130. Food for thought.

Posted on Aug 23, 2013 6:57:59 AM PDT
A. Reams says:
LOL, Wow, me too. Exact same place. That's strange. Wife just sewed mine back on. Shoddy quality from Levi.

Posted on Aug 28, 2013 10:52:12 AM PDT
Scottyre says:
call Levi i'm going to give you the magic number right here,...

1-800-872-5384

^to print the Consumer Information Form

WARRANTY/GUARANTEE

What is your guarantee? Our guarantee states: "Full warranty. Thank you for buying Levi's® jeans. You have purchased superior quality jeans that come with a full warranty. If this garment proves to be defective in workmanship or materials under normal wear (excluding stains), please contact us. This full warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may have other rights which vary from state to state."

Returning to store. For the most timely resolution, we recommend that you first attempt to return the product to the store where it was originally purchased.
Returning to Levi Strauss & Co. If for some reason you are unable to return the garment to the store where it was purchased, you can send the garment directly to our Consumer Returns Department for inspection. Please print out our Consumer Information Form and include it in your package. (You will need Adobe® Reader® to print this form. If you do not have Adobe® Reader®, please click here to download.

If you cannot print the Consumer Information Form, please follow the instructions below to send in your garment:

Make sure the garment is washed.

Do not mark the garment with pins, staples, tape or ink.

Put it in a mailing package of any type along with a letter detailing why you feel the garment is defective. This information is important for us to accurately process your return.

Make sure to include your name, complete mailing address and a phone number on the letter. If your mailing address is a P.O. Box, you must also include a valid street address.

Send the item via U.S. Postal Service to

LS&CO. Consumer Returns,
501 Executive Airport Drive,
Henderson, NV 89052.

We recommend you insure the package.

Once the garment has been received, it will be inspected, and if found to be defective, it will be replaced.

Garments that are inspected and not found to be defective will be returned with a letter of explanation.

The whole process takes 4-6 weeks, from the time we receive your garments.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›