1.0 out of 5 stars Go to walmart.com and get the two movie copy., February 1, 2013
This review is from: The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1 (Extended Edition) [DVD + Digital Copy + UltraViolet] (DVD)
Go to Walmart.com and order the two movie extended copy. You'll get pt 1 and pt 2. You'll get the extras as well as a digital copy for 5 dollars above what you would pay for just the one movie.You pay $24.00 and you get all the above. I think that's worth it versus buying separately.Different stores have different deals, and this one was the best that I found so far. I haven't ordered yet because I am still shopping around. You never know when you can find a better deal.I figure I was gonna pay $19.99 for pt 2, I just cough up $5.00 more and get pt 1 with the extras and the digital copy too. These movie studios do try to choke the dollars out of your wallet and they wonder why people bootleg their stuff. I personally love HD and Blu-Ray. I'm spoiled I guess. Hope this helps someone.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 7, 2013 6:16:37 PM PST
Pen Name? says:
But, I don't want to go there.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 7, 2013 7:31:07 PM PST
Mrs Moonie says:
Why don't you want to go there?

Posted on Feb 9, 2013 12:07:11 AM PST
linaka81 says:
I heard about the Wal-Mart 2 movie pack which seems a great deal but are you certain it has the special features? I read on a couple of sites online that the Wal-Mart 2 movie pack has NO special features for either movie. I'm a features fan. I'd rather buy part 2 separately so I can get features than to pay for the two movie pack for 8 extra minutes but NO features. Hmm....decisions decisions.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 15, 2013 11:21:00 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Apr 28, 2013 2:51:13 AM PDT
I'm suspicious that Walmart could offer 2 movies, with all the extras - at such a steep discount. It makes me wonder if they will change the Webpage/Mktg materials later and say "oops"?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 16, 2013 1:46:56 PM PST
Mrs Moonie says:
I'm pretty sure it does. They have right in the description that it is the extended addition. Just go check it out , read it for yourself and decide. Hope this helps.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 16, 2013 1:50:16 PM PST
Mrs Moonie says:
Walmart always have deals like this. There is will be no oops"? later. Pre-order your copy now. Even if they did mess up they would have to honor the price listed at the time of purchase. Either way the customers win. Hope this helps.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 16, 2013 9:22:16 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 16, 2013 9:26:19 PM PST
I agree, I trust them to honor the price

Also later on it 'dawned' on me. They will make additional sales because people who will pay for a new +8 mins. version of BD1-w/ the bundle- are very likely to buy the Extended Version of BD2, when that comes out as well.

I'm betting the retailers are pushing this, but it sure seems like milking the fans. I'm so late getting on the bandwagon, it doesn't affect me - I hadn't bought anything prior to 4 months ago!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 17, 2013 3:04:30 PM PST
linaka81 says:
Yep, the description says extended edition, but there's nothing to indicate that there are any special features. I'm venturing to guess that the 2-movie pack will have only the two movies, part one being the extended version, but will have no special features. I guess I'll just have to wait and see...

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 17, 2013 4:14:30 PM PST
Mrs Moonie says:
Yeah the retailers and movie studios will try to nickle and dime the consumer to death and they wonder why people bootleg their movies. I've been on the band wagon ever since the second movie came to dvd. I kinda Oh well I'm in too deep now wished I would've waited. like I did for Harry Potter. I would've paid at least 20 bucks for part 2 anyway, so 5 dollars more to get the extra material isn't too bad I guess.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2013 12:12:02 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 18, 2013 12:13:23 AM PST
You're so right about driving people to bootleg stuff....

I chuckled at your post - when it gets to the point where we are saying "I'm in too deep now" LOL you know it's a war! :D With AVATAR I waited forever but bought the Blu-Ray Extended Collector's but it took an iron will to wait !
If they would wise up, and make them ALL cheaper - many people would buy more of the variants..... IMHO..
As it is Now - people are just starting to refuse to participate.

Mrs. Moonie - Great screen name btw !
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›