5.0 out of 5 stars Very Small In Size, Very Big On Reliability!, October 25, 2010
This review is from: NETGEAR RangeMax WNR1000 Wireless Router (Personal Computers)
Length:: 6:31 Mins

I bought this modem to replace the horrid Cisco-Linksys WRT54G2 Wireless-G Broadband Router Cisco-Linksys WRT54G2 Wireless-G Broadband Router I bought and returned, I made a review about that horrible router as well with video showing some problems.

This modem is very small but big on reliability! I was worried about its performance because I never used a Netgear before, but I'm glad it didn't disappoint me!

This router is so simple to setup and has plenty of guides to help you plug things in for the novice and it also has the admin information right on the router along with username and password in case you ever forget what it is if you ever reset router, just be sure to change the username and password for security reasons! I also got the router working with my connection straight out of the box with no configuration! Truly plug and play! You can view that in my video review.

I use it wired to my desktops and wirelessly to my laptop and my cellphone which is a Nokia E63-2 Nokia E63-2 Unlocked Phone with 2 MP Camera, 3G, Wi-Fi, Media Player, and MicroSD Slot--U.S. Version with Warranty (Ultramarine Blue) and it works flawlessly.

Now this router has the word "range max" in it for good reason! To give you an example of the range of this router, I went 310 feet and my cellphone still picked up the signal and I was browsing the web! When I reached 312 feet the signal cut off. If that's not range I don't know what is! Also if your wondering how I know the exact range, I used google maps to measure distance from my house to how far I walked, yes I can be that detailed at times, LMAO.

It has a nice simple admin section to configure the router.

If your wondering about security features, you can set the security of your router to these:

WEP
WPA-PSK [TKIP]
WPA2-PSK [AES]
WPA-PSK [TKIP] + WPA2-PSK [AES]

You can also block websites easily in the admin section too!

The admin section has these categories to enter and configure:

Setup Wizard

UPnP

Web Support
Knowledge Base
Documentation

All in all it is a fantastic reliable router which did not disappoint me!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 3, 2014 9:47:37 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 3, 2014 9:49:52 AM PST
Alan GIL-TT says:
I just Bought this a few mins ago on a Lightning Deal for $18.99 (Jan 2,2014) Original price was $29.99 , and it sold out in a Few Minutes.
Thanks for the Video
BUT.........it was Pretty BORING and NOT very helpful at all.
What the sense in Hooking a Router Directly from your Modem to your PC? It would have been easier to just hooked the modem directly to the PC instead.

The purpose of a Wireless Router is Just that "WIRELESS Capability"
You only talked about how you walked 310 feet with your cell fone and still got the signal, it would have been great if you actually showed this in your Video and also configuring it Wirelessly.

Posted on May 6, 2014 7:39:19 PM PDT
Sasha says:
I don't trust a review that calls a "router" a "modem" more than once and does not contain proper use of "you're"

In reply to an earlier post on May 18, 2014 6:26:14 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 18, 2014 6:27:16 PM PDT
I'm responding to the first comment. I'm new to routers, but I think you want one computer attached to the router by cable, so you can connect to the router's built in web page and make adjustments to the router's settings. If all computers were connected to the router wirelessly, then you wouldn't be able to configure the router. So it makes sense that he hooked the router directly from his modem to his PC.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 6, 2014 12:31:25 AM PDT
HuntersPad says:
I came here just to comment the exact same thing!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 6, 2014 12:31:50 AM PDT
HuntersPad says:
Incorrect. It can be accessed via wireless as well.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.0 out of 5 stars (719 customer reviews)

$59.99 $24.99