3.0 out of 5 stars Incompatable with Windows 8, December 2, 2012
This review is from: TurboTax Deluxe Federal + E-File + State 2012 (Software)
I have a new Windows 8 desktop with all updates current. TurboTax Deluxe 2012 gets install errors no matter what I do. I have tried every possible fix alluded to by Turbotax.com, including font updates, Microsoft Net updates, turning off security software, everything.

Update! Success! After trying every way on God's earth to get TTax installed, I managed to get it done by choosing the option "Get Updates Manually" during the installation process. I had my security software turned off, and Microsoft Net 4.0 was already installed on my machine. After the installation was successful I opened the software and chose "check for updates" and it updated with no problems.

Second Update. I have to commend Bob and Intuit for their customr support on this issue. The quality and level was a very pleasant surprise. I am sure this was/is a Windows 8 issue and not TTax.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 4, 2012 12:28:34 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 4, 2012 12:30:18 PM PST
Dave... Im sorry youre having trouble with installation. As I've mentioned in other review comments, we have thoroughly tested TurboTax 2012 and found it to be compatible with Windows 8. Microsoft has also independently tested and certified TurboTax 2012 to be compatible with Windows 8.

If you'd like to contact me at TurboTax_advocate@intuit.com, I'll be glad to have one of our senior engineers contact you to troubleshoot the issue.

Bob Meighan
VP, TurboTax

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2012 8:30:39 AM PST
Dave says:
Bob, I have sent you an email with my home telephone number on it. I would be glad to try working with a technician on this issue.

Posted on Dec 5, 2012 3:22:20 PM PST
Please note that this is not an installation issue experienced by the customer, but difficulty installing automatic updates (the manual update process works fine). We have a senior engineer working with Dave to troubleshoot his unique experience and I'll update this when we learn more.

Bob Meighan
VP, TurboTax

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 6, 2012 3:54:32 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 6, 2012 4:15:53 AM PST
Dave says:
Bob, Thanks for all the assistance from Intuit. Your assistance was very appreciated. I believe that this was, however, an installation issue. During the initial installation process you are given a menu with an option to choose how to receive future periodic updates. Only if you choose to get future periodic updates manually does the installation process finish without halting at an install error. Choose either of the other two methods for updates and the initial installation halted. Please see my revised initial comment above. Again, thanks to Intuit.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 10, 2012 12:32:20 PM PST
pbug56 says:
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.2 out of 5 stars (2,200 customer reviews)
 (1,343)