5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommended, November 11, 2012
This review is from: Eyefi 16GB Pro X2 SDHC Class 10 Wireless Flash Memory Card Frustration Free Packaging EYE-FI-16PC-FF (Personal Computers)
This is my 3rd Eye-Fi... what I like about it is that as I am shooting a wedding, it will send my photos directly to my Android Tablet, which is connected to a large monitor (no computer needed) near the gifts table at the reception so that people can see a slide show of all the wedding shots within a few seconds of my shooting them! Plus, using the built in Wi-Fi in my tablet, the photos are automatically loaded to the Eye-Fi site - so I have the photos in THREE locations - on the card, on my tablet and in the cloud... I doubt that all THREE locations would corrupt - so I feel really safe shooting those ONCE IN A LIFETIME events!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 5 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 4, 2013 11:10:47 AM PDT
I just have a question? what kind of camera are you shooting with? How do you have your tablet set up? What kind of tablet are you using that allows you to use a "built in wifi"

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 4, 2013 6:18:06 PM PDT
I actually have 3 cards: I shoot 2 of them with Canon DSLR and my wife has one in her Canon Point and Shoot, but they will work with any camera that takes an SD card. I have an Archos tablet and an Android phone; the Eye-Fi site explains exactly how to do it, but basically you just long onto the site (Eye-Fi Center), put the card into the computer SD slot or reader; set the locations that you want the card to send the files - ie Direct Connect to your tablet or phone; to the Eye-Fi Cloud site; to FB; to your own page via FTP; etc... My Archos has built-in wi-fi connection (I mistated that in my comment) --- I use my phone as a Hotspot or sometimes I just use my separate JetPack hotspot... this lets me transmit to the tablet or phone and also upload back to my home computer and to the Eye-Fi site directly. Hope this helps. R

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2013 8:31:10 AM PST
Dawn says:
Randall,
Thanks for your extra comment, which were helpful, considering another reviewer was very harsh. One concern that remains for me is the other reviewers claim that once photos are uploaded via eye-fi to your chosen device (whether computer, tablet, phone), you can't then re-send from that card. Then you mentioned "I use my phone as a Hotspot or sometimes I just use my separate JetPack hotspot... this lets me transmit to the tablet or phone AND ALSO upload back to my home computer and to the Eye-Fi site directly." So, can you upload to two receivers at the same time, or do you upload to primary item, then transfer from that device to another? Can you also simply use the card in an SD slot when needed?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2013 8:56:08 AM PST
You can set the card up to load to your computer back home, your smart phone or your tablet. You will have the Eye-Fi app on your phone and the Eye-Fi program on your home computer. So, what I have done is set my Smartphone as a device in the Eye-Fi Program to receive photos from. I am on vacation. When I take a photo, it transmits to my phone. My phone then transmits to the Eye-Fi site (understand that I buy the annual plan that stores my pics on their site in hi-res and RAW). Once my computer at home see new photos coming in from my phone (I leave the Eye-Fi program running in background) it will download those photos to the computer - you can also have them uploaded to Facebook or Flickr, Picasa, etc .. so you end up with the pics on your phone (or tablet), on your home computer, on your photo site if you tell it to upload there AND on the Eye-Fi site. You will want to be careful and tell the Eye-Fi app NOT TO upload the photos EXCEPT when connected to a Wi-Fi unless you have a large data plan on your phone... I usually wait til I get back to the hotel OR go to a McDonalds and turn my camera or phone on and let it automatically connect to the AT&T wi-fi for free. And to your final question - ues, you simply use the card in an SD slot when needed. You can even put non photo stuff on there and it will not transmit... In my case I have a little Powerpoint presentation that I have on all of my cards that give my name, email, etc... that way if I lose a card OR even my camera, and an honest person finds it, they can use the PP slides to find me.. if you want to see the series of JPGs I created to make the PP presentation, the URL is at the bottom. Just download the pics, insert into PP, save the PP presentation to all your cards and you are done.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2013 7:20:05 PM PST
Dawn says:
Very helpful response Randall. Thanks so much! and I'll definitely take a look at your link. I have a text file on my flash drive that's meant to serve the same purpose.

Posted on Dec 30, 2013 7:45:34 PM PST
Hi Randall, your comments have a wealth of information. In case you are still replying, I have a couple of questions: 1. Once the files download from the card wirelessly to your devices can you set the software to not delete/delete the images off of the SD Card? 2. I like to import my photos into Lightroom when I download to my computer, if the images transfer automatically because I have Eye Fi software running on my computer, will they end up in Lightroom or just sitting on my hard drive? 3. Have you heard of any issues using Eye Fi with Mac or iPhone?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 30, 2013 8:14:41 PM PST
1. The default is to not delete them from the SD card. I do not know if you CAN set it up to automatically delete them from the card after transmission - I like to have the redundancy, so I always keep them there and delete them manually. 2. Either way. I do not have the directions in front of me, but there is a way to set up auto-import into Lightroom, using the watched folder method (just need to make sure that when you tell the Eye-Fi software where to download onto your computer that it matches the folder that you have told Lightroom to 'watch' for changes in... you can look here for instructions: https://x2help.eyefi.com/hc/en-us/articles/200438546-Import-Photos-to-Lightroom 3. I have not heard of any issues with Mac or IPhone - but I am a PC/Android person, so cannot comment from experience.... Happy Shooting!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 30, 2013 8:37:25 PM PST
Thank you so much for your reply. Again you have provided a wealth of info. I, too, have always been a PC person. I got my degree in engineering so have always used PCs. Got my first Mac for Christmas and WOW. I thought it was going to be such a difficult transition. Nope! Thank you for your info. I am going to check out your PP link mentioned in your previous comments. Take care!

Posted on Jan 31, 2014 11:56:26 AM PST
Please people do not find this review helpful. I fully believe that this is a false review. Their is absolutely no way that when shooting raw off a Canon Camera, that produces files that are 30MB in size, transfer to a Android tablet within seconds. False information. it takes at least 1 minutes to 2 minutes. Even eye-fi says at the very least it take 30 seconds to transfer one raw photo in optimal conditions. I ask, what is optimal condition foe eye-fi? I have this card and tried it out and IT DOES NOT WORK. NOT TO MENTION THIS REVIEW IS OVER 2 YEARS OLD.

The range of this card for indoors is 45 feet in optimal conditions. I tried it out in a empty reception hall at Caesars Palace before the party. I couldn't go farther than 1 Foot from my andriod tablet before the Direct Mode on the card would not transfer photos.

Please do not trust this review. It is false. Google the eye-fi card and see how many people are having so much trouble with it. Not to mention going to the Eye-fi forums and seeing how many people are complaining and wanting to return the product. Their are so many things they do not mention about the card that they let the user do all the work to find them out. This product is horrible. There are other products out that do the same thing, that are cheaper, and transfer photos faster than this product. Just google them and you will find them I guarantee it.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 15, 2014 2:47:46 PM PST
LCC says:
Hi thanks for the info this sounds like what I do as well the only other question and need your expertise on is what monitor do you have setup for the wedding gift table area?

Cheers