Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Fit, More Durable Than The Original - Yes, order it., October 24, 2012
This review is from: Aduro® Samsung Galaxy Tablet Extra Long USB Charge & Sync Data Cable (6.5 feet) USB to 30 Pin, Galaxy Tab 7", 8.9",10.1" (Personal Computers)
As you'll see I don't review many products. However, I wanted to put some folks at ease regarding the prospect of buying this cable.
I know, it's not a life or death decision and it's pretty inexpensive, but I hate buying garbage cables, because in most cases I wind up having to spend more on a replacement for my replacement with a decent cable I should have purchased in the first place. That make sense? Shrug... Buying this cable was a risk, but I'm glad I did.

The cable is great. It's thicker than the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) cable and the extra length is why I purchased it. It's as described and better quality and better thickness than I had expected.
I also bought a 10 foot cable from a seller in China and I can tell you the quality of this one is far superior to the 10 ft I bought. I'd say it's almost double the thickness.. at least 1/3rd thicker.

Some reviewers mentioned a difficult fit and a hard time figuring out which side goes up.
The top side of the 30 pin connection is easy to pick because the edges of the side that faces up are black (as shown in the picture). It fits very well, and I don't worry about it pulling out, nor do I worry that it's going to be stuck in the tablet or require too much force to remove.

This cable works for charging with the OEM plug only. To charge with other usb plugs you would require a USB power adapter which I couldn't find here on Amazon, but I found on ebay for $3.99 under search term 'USB Power Adapter for Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (it's a small white usb plug). - Just thought this bit of information might come in handy. I'd link to it, but I don't think Amazon wants me linking to another site.
With the aforementioned adapter I can use my new cable to charge from any usb plug outlet. Considering the OEM plug is quite bulky this has made it possible to bring a smaller usb plug and the adapter along with my cable, and be more compact when taking it somewhere.

Anyway, I wouldn't put too much thought into purchasing this. It's an easy decision - buy it.

R

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 26, 2013 11:46:06 PM PDT
Carl Tucker says:
I bought one it doesn't even work it plugged in very easy it seem to work the first night I want to use it again and it killed the battery because it doesn't charge I'm using a note 10.1 maybe this is Best Buy does not work with the note or maybe it's just a piece of junk

Posted on Jul 26, 2013 11:46:24 PM PDT

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 4, 2013 5:28:42 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 4, 2013 5:40:28 AM PDT
Lead Singer says:
Not sure about the note. Definitely works on my 10.1 and my wife's Galaxy tab2 7.0. Are you using the manufacturers plug with it? If you're not using the OEM power adapter you will need something like one of these to convert your usb port to a 2A. These adapters are small and inexpensive. I picked up a few of them... haven't had any issues charging. See link - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-USB-for-Samsung-Galaxy-Tab-10-1-8-9-7-7-500-Power-Booster-adapter-up-to-2A-/151080659206?pt=Laptop_Adapters_Chargers&hash=item232d1be906

A USB data cable won't allow your device to draw more than 500ma without a special charger or an adapter.

(My link won't appear - so search the following on ebay: FOR Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 8.9 7.7 500 USB Power Booster Adapter up to 2A Black)

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 17, 2013 11:23:27 AM PDT

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 17, 2013 11:46:22 AM PDT
Lead Singer says:
Then it may be that the note uses a different proprietary plug. I'm not sure... sorry about that. Definitely works on 10.1 and tab2 7.0. Let me know what you find out.

Good luck,
Rick

Posted on Jul 4, 2015 8:50:40 PM PDT
Ben says:
Are you crazy? This is the absolute worst cable I have ever laid eyes on. By perpetuating lies and promoting a product you know is bad you are a disgrace to humanity and should be ashamed of yourself. This is the least durable cable in existence. Mine broke the very first usage.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2016 9:31:49 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 8, 2016 9:32:30 AM PST
Lead Singer says:
I'm still using this cable. I have no idea what you're talking about here. I didn't lie about it.. and I honestly feel it's as good as the cable that came with the product. We still have the 'old' Tab2 7.0 and have no issues with this cable at all. Maybe you received a defect.. .or maybe it's a user interface problem.

Also, I purchased this product back in 2012. Looks like your response is from 2015... Could be a changed product - Not sure what you received...

..and as you can see from my other reviews I don't give everything high marks. As for being 'ashamed' of myself, not in the slightest. I do my best to provide information about some of the products I received - good or bad. Judging me because you didn't have a good experience with a product you bought years after me is in poor taste.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›