5.0 out of 5 stars It doesn't get any better than this ...., November 1, 2009
This review is from: The Food Allergy Mama's Baking Book: Great Dairy-, Egg-, and Nut-Free Treats for the Whole Family (Paperback)
To say this is the ABSOLUTE BEST cookbook for children with allergys would be a HUGE understatement. It does not get any better than this book. Kelly has a true gift. I have several other cookbooks and they are terrible. I love how Kellys recipes are every day household items. I live out in the middle of nowhere and having to find items that my local stores do not sell was very had with the other cookbooks. Then the food would taste like dirt and there were no pictures to see what "said food should look like" Kellys book is the exact opposite. Her recipes are every day ingredients. You can tell she puts her heart and soul into her recipes. Kelly is a lifesaver and I am just so thankful for how much she has helped my family. Not the first person has noticed that any of the foods I have made were dairy/egg/nut free. How wonderful is that?
Like I said IT DOESN'T GET ANY BETTER THAN THIS COOKBOOK!!
I would pay triple the amount... that is how good it is!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 30, 2010 7:34:06 AM PST
I have Classic Galactosemia, and I have spent years compiling my favorite milk free recipes. After I graduated from college, I decided to put these recipes together in a cookbook, then I filled it with beautiful photographs and called it, Not a Drop of Milk... (or Soy). It is now available on Amazon!
Here's the link;
Not a Drop of Milk...: (or Soy)
The book contains the milk free recipes that I enjoyed throughout my childhood including recipes for ice cream, custards, cakes, breads, "creamy" soups, and many other dishes - none of which contain either milk or soy products.
The ice cream recipes are almond milk based, and are as good as any premium milk based ice cream on the market. I have recipes in the book for custard, flan, pastry cream and pudding that are truly astounding. I know, because I have lived without milk products my entire life that these are often categories of foods that people with Galactosemia have to live without. My goal was to create recipes within these traditionally off-limit categories that are as good, if not better than, the milk based dishes that I am replicating. My recipes are unique because not only are they delicious, but they also make a beautiful presentation.
My primary goal in writing this book was to be able to share these recipes with others who have had to "do without" as I know how hard it can be to have to say, "No thanks, I can't have any..." when what you really want to say is, "Yes, please!"
I believe others with Galactosemia, as well as their parents and friends, will enjoy my book and its wonderful milk and soy free recipes. Please check out the book on Amazon and if anyone is interested in buying ten or more books, please email me and I can give you a bulk-discounted price. I hope you and your families will enjoy my recipes!
Kristin Reilly