4.0 out of 5 stars Very decent, small, inexpensive camera bag., October 3, 2010
This review is from: Lowepro Adventura 140 Camera Case (Black) (Electronics)
I bought this camera bag mainly because it is really well-priced for the quality. Of course, it's Lowepro, so you KNOW it's good, but it's really, surprisingly well-padded. As soon as I put my camera in and zipped it closed for the first time, I could just feel how safe it was... and after accidentally dropping the bag a few times, I know that it is indeed safe.

I love the zipper + clasp-close that it has in order to protect from rain. I think that, along with the really well-made padding, is my favorite feature of the bag. For me, it fit a Nikon D40 with a 35mm lens attached, an 18-55mm lens on the left side, and a lens hood on the ride. Also, it has room for extra memory cards in the front.

The strap is extremely versatile -- I love that it's long enough that I can wear it slung across my body and have it resting near my hip or a little lower (I'm 5'9"). I think it would work perfectly on someone much shorter or taller than me, also.

Now, I don't care for the color of the internal padding. It's such a silly thing to say or let affect my opinion, but it's true. It's sort of a burnt orange color... I don't much care for it. I know it's a small bag and would be great for traveling if you don't need more than the lens you have attached and maybe one extra, but it is a *really* snug fit with those lenses. I think this is purely an "I'll only be taking photos for a few hours" bag, and that's perfectly okay. In fact, I'm sure I'll be using this even after I get my new Lowepro Passport bag for whenever I go on-location to shoot. However, I still feel that the size should have been expanded just a bit so I don't feel like I might damage something by trying to fit my camera in the bag.

Over all, I would definitely recommend this bag to anyone who needs just an inexpensive bag to carry a small amount of equipment in. Just be sure you're aware of the size; it's not a bag meant for multiple lenses, really.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 6, 2011 12:02:43 PM PDT
Thank you for the review!
I was wondering if the bag, with your D40 + 18-55mm lens would have room to fit a 70-300mm into it at the same time.

Cheers!

In reply to an earlier post on May 6, 2011 2:45:20 PM PDT
Ashley Bee says:
Bayan,
My bag will fit my camera with a 55-200 mm lens attached, with the 18-35 mm lens inside (in one of the side areas). It is VERY SNUG. I'm not sure how much larger the 70-300 mm lens is, but I'm pretty sure it's a bit bigger. I would say... if you can go to a store to make sure it will fit, do that. As it is, I'm sure it would be a tight fit, if it would fit.
-Ashley
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.4 out of 5 stars (114 customer reviews)

$39.99 $21.79