5.0 out of 5 stars A MUST-HAVE for anyone who loves rock and roll, August 12, 2010
This review is from: Ladies & Gentlemen: The Rolling Stones [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Folks, assuming the video transfer and audio mix are even close to what they were upon this film's initial release, anyone who purchases/views this is in for a treat. This is the Stones at their absolute zenith, with their greatest lead guitarist (Mick Taylor), performing the very best of their vast catalog (from their first post - "Exile" tour, yet still including much from "Beggar's Banquet," "Let It Bleed" & "Sticky Fingers") and Jagger's swagger & voice in peak form.

I have a very raw bootleg of "Ladies and Gentlemen..." and even with poor resolution, the genius shines through. The Stones were never better - and that's saying a lot.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 5 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 41 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 20, 2010 6:22:06 AM PDT
John Lopez says:
How's it going Jon "mittzdad?" I TOTALLY agree with you, Ladies and Gentlemen is a MUST for EVERYONE! This movie will finally be released on DVD where everyone will see THE ROLLING STONES, WITH MICK TAYLOR, rocking in their prime and proving why this band earned their title as THE GREATEST ROCK N' ROLL BAND IN THE WORLD! I also have about 6 different bootleg versions of this movie where I was lucky and fortunate enough to find one with outstanding picture and sound quality. I am looking forward to buying and owning an official release of this movie in October. Take care.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 8, 2010 4:09:07 AM PDT
Whamo says:
Yes, indeed, I saw this in the theater back in the 70's, and it's probably the best Stones video I've seen. Since the Stones won't tour until 2013 this will be a good alternative. I didn't like that Exile DVD too much. See it cheap on Netflix if you must.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 11, 2010 10:20:24 PM PDT
I saw it on Netflix, it was ok and funny at times. Watching those modern day fools talking about the 1972 stones was also a laugh. Who the hell is Jack White anyway? I saw him on that Shine a Light gig and he was awful, they were all awful for that matter. I could see Mick was upset when looking over at Keith once or twice. I think Mick knew the gig was crap. Whatever, that is what they made FF for on your remote. No matter a great gig will be in my hands come October.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 15, 2010 2:44:27 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Mar 31, 2011 8:57:32 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 16, 2010 2:53:26 PM PDT
I'd like to know where Whamo got his info. It's highly unlikely that the Rolling Stones will be on tour in 2013, when Mick Jagger turns 70. It's also highly unlikely that they'll be touring this year since it's already mid-September and nothing definite has been announced. For those who've seen them in the past, cherish your memories because it most probably will be the last time that you will ever see them. Those who haven't seen them only have the videos and DVDs to experience what it was like. The various band members may turn up individually for special engagements, but as a band, the Stones are effectively over. No more tours and no more albums, unless re-issues count. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but at their advanced age, it's simply wishful thinking (and foolish at that) to believe that we'll see this band hit the road again in this lifetime.Yeah, the breakup hasn't been officially announced, but, really people, quit kidding yourselves. In all honesty, I consider myself to be "The World's Greatest Rolling Stones Fan" and I happen to be in touch with reality.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 17, 2010 8:40:49 PM PDT
Yes, I kind of agree that at age 69-70 or more how long can you jump around on a stage. Did you see how old charlie watts looked in that exile docu when he and mick went to the old studio. he looks 80!! keith also seems to be one step in the grave everytime we see him but he still keeps on keeping on some how. I love um but it is time to retire back to the south of france and enjoy what is left of life.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2010 8:49:26 AM PDT
Charlie Watts is already 69. In 2013, he'll be 72, so it's highly unlikely that he'll be touring again with the Stones and the Stones on tour without Charlie just ain't gonna happen.

Posted on Sep 29, 2010 3:48:46 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 29, 2010 3:49:20 PM PDT
Anyone calling for BBKIng to retire??
If you can Blues it, just use it
If the Stones go on tour I am there

After ALL, ITS ONLY ROCK N ROLL

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2010 4:16:45 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 5, 2010 4:20:16 AM PDT
Whamo says:
Stonesnews.com, my friend. It's a good site. I don't blame you for being skeptical about the Stones touring again, but the band is reportedly meeting in December to plan a new album and tour.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2010 9:42:11 AM PDT
Wow, Whamo! Thanks for the info! Although it's only a rumor at this point (according to Ron Wood's comments on the site you directed me to), I may stand corrected. In the event that the Stones do tour, I can't imagine that Mick will still be running around the stage and I can't expect the rest of the band to be in peak form given their advanced age. Still, of course, I will go to see them. There are people out there who will say, "Who wants to go and see a bunch of old farts?" I don't care what others say, I am behind the Rolling Stones one hundred percent. Whether you're a fan or not, you really must give them credit for doing what they do at their age. I'm 41, and some days I feel much older. Lastly, I'm really worried about Keith, though. I know there are those who think he's indestructible, but every time that I see a photo of him lately, he's got a cigarette dangling from his lips or between his fingers. And those hands of his look positively ghastly!
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.3 out of 5 stars (188 customer reviews)

$19.98 $11.32