5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE this Monitor !!!!, January 1, 2011
This review is from: Asus VE276Q 27-Inch Full-HD LCD Monitor with Integrated Speakers (Personal Computers)
PC Components:
ASUS Crosshair IV Formula - AM3 - AMD 890FX - DDR3 - Republic of Gamers - ATX Motherboard
Phenom II X4 965 Black AM3 3.4Ghz 512KB 45NM 125W 4000MHZ
Corsair Air Series A70 Performance CPU Cooler CAFA70
Sapphire Radeon HD 5770 1 GB DDR5 2DVI/HDMI/DisplayPort PCI-Express Video Card 100283-3L x2 in Crossfire mode
Creative Labs SB0886 PCI Express Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional Series Sound Card
Corsair 4GB Dual Channel Corsair DDR3 Memory for Intel Core i5 Processors (CMX4GX3M2A1600C9) x2, total 8gb
Western Digital WD5000KSRTL/WD5000AAKS Caviar 500 GB SATA Hard Drive x2 in Raid 0 for performance
Corsair CMPSU-750TX 750-Watt TX Series 80 Plus Certified Power Supply compatible with Intel Core i7 and Core i5
Samsung Blu-Ray Internal SATA Drive with Lightscribe 12x BD-ROM 16x DVD-ROM 8x DVDRW 8x DVD-/+R DL 48x CD-ROM SH-B123L/BSBP
LEXA S Crafted Series Black Steel Mid Tower Chassis CS-NT-LEXA-S
ASUS VE276 LCD 27" Monitor
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium running in 64 Bit

I was kind of reluctant to purchase this monitor after reading a few of the negative reviews. However, I have always been impressed with ASUS motherboards so I thought I would take a chance. In my experience, I am very happy I did.

The Screen is very bright, but choosing the Theater mode brought the brightness down to a comfortable level. I am using an HDMI connection to my video card. This may be why the brightness is so great. I cannot confirm that, but the 22" LCD panel I was using as the main monitor (now a secondary) is nowhere near as bright now that I am using a DVI connection (only because I need to purchase another HDMI cable).

After unpacking the monitor, the size made me smile. There is a HUGE difference between a 22" and a 27". I instantly began to setup the monitor. At boot-up, I had no display. The quick setup guide is lacking any real information to help you out. Out of the box, the option is automatic for 15-Pin connection. After messing with the option buttons, conveniently placed under the panel and easy to use, I was able to change the input options.

At this point I was anxious, almost scared to look. Given a few of the reviews, I was expecting a few dead pixels... or worse. To my amazement, all I saw was an awesome display. No dead pixels, no uneven lighting, just a dazzling, bright display. Kudos to Electronica Direct for shipping a defect-free monitor!!!

The base is sturdy and holds the LCD panel quite nice. No issues with the monitor possibly folding. The monitor is easily tilted up or down to your visual liking.

As far as viewing, my first instinct was to see what level of awesome I would get watching Avatar. I was immersed in the movie, enjoying a crisp picture with no bleeding. When paused, because of the 2ms response time, the image was super-clear and worth a screen shot or 2.

After the Movie, I was anxious to play World of Warcraft....yes, I play WoW. I did have to adjust the in-game brightness level since it was a tad bright for my liking. The Game mode on the monitor is brighter than theater mode. I was again amazed with my game-play.

I am sorry for the few that was not pleased with your ASUS monitor because I so far have no regrets to my purchase. The monitor has not been turned off since yesterday around 4 pm, almost 24 hours ago and been in use for movies and gaming since it was turned on with no issues so far.

I am not taking any stars away for the setup guide because most don't use them, anyway. I have no choice, based upon my experience, to give this product a 5-star rating since I was able to adjust the brightness to my liking. I would recommend this LCD monitor without hesitation.

I hope this review has been helpful for anyone thinking of purchasing this item. If shipping scares you, try to order from Electronica Direct, although the product is shipped in the manufacturer's packaging, the seller may take extra care of their merchandise prior to shipment. Thank you.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]