5.0 out of 5 stars love the style, November 14, 2012
This review is from: Nine West Women's Thora Riding Boot (Apparel)
I bought the grey and was I surprised when I opened the box. The color looks more brown (tabacco) color, nowhere near grey and the only shaft lining is in the foot bed and a thin one around the top. I'm very disappointed with what I paid for them. When I pulled the shaft stuffing out the unlined leather (nowhere inside these boots is there a stamp showing their maker, style, size or that they're leather. Only the sole has the Nine West logo and size) and the color had bled all over the stuffing. Because of the odd color no way it will go with black/gray. I have been looking for a pair of western style grey boots for a while to go with my gray suede western skirt.

Now, for the positive, I'm 5'8" tall with a 15.5" calf, shoe size 11. These boots fit with enough room to wear over jeans (worried about color bleeding). I'm glad I buy my boots larger so I suppose I could use cotton socks to protect my clothing. The shaft reached just under my knee where I like it. The toe area/footbed is very comfy and with the zipper an easy on and off. Despite the color they look sharp on. They do go with denim. I'm giving them a 5 because of comfort and style. I might keep them but with no lining, odd color and the color bleeding I'm disappointed Amazon charged so much for them compared to the other colors ($133.30) in the Thora style. Also, the label on the outside of the box said Avthora but it is an authentic Nine West box and the AV stands for their American Vintage line.

If anyone else out there would reply about how their boots were lined , what color you bought and if they were stamped inside I would appreciate hearing about it.

Update: I shopped several stores and found a pair in Belks. The boots were the same, ie no lining, etc. In store lighting the boots looked like a dark smoke color with a brownish hue. They really are a strange color but they are by far the most comfortable Nine West boots I own. Walked in them all day with no pain or foot fatigue. The color only slightly bled onto my socks so I don't see that as much of a future problem. Did get lots of compliments. Another plus, they don't slouch down.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 9, 2013 1:47:04 PM PST
Liz Bennet says:
Hi there, I have a question. Did the bleeding of the color ever stop? I am curious because I also want to purchase a pair in the grey (brownish grey?) leather, but would like to wear them with jean leggings (of which I have many colors, both dark, light, bright, and white!), which I would hate to see stained. Socks, I am OK with staining - I can replace those in a heartbeat and no one else really sees my socks! Thanks for such a thorough review - I appreciate the details you provided!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 4:08:37 PM PST
ShoeHound says:
I wear trouser socks with them and don't seem to have a problem. When I wear lighter color leggings I use knee high cotton socks which I pull up over my leggings. This protects from color bleeding and makes it easier to pull the boots on. Just so you know, the grey isn't really grey, its more of a light tobacco brown. The plus, these boots are so comfortable and the color goes with almost any other color. My only regret, not buying them in black. Thank you for appreciating my review.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 7:48:02 PM PST
Liz Bennet says:
Thanks for the fast response! The color does look and sound unique - certainly a color that I don't own yet in my boot collection. I'm always looking for different browns. I'll try your tip about pulling socks over the leggings. I've never thought about doing that. I also have a large collection of colorful leg warmers, which I let peek out over the top of my tall boots and for extra warmth - I guess I could also wear those as a barrier. I also like these in black, but I own so many black boots, I can't justify another pair! (Or can I...?) Thanks again!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 10, 2013 8:37:56 AM PST
ShoeHound says:
There is no such thing as having too many pairs of boots! We're women, we don't have to justify our boot/shoe collections. Believe me, if I can catch the Thora in black in my size I'll grab them. If it makes you feel better I have a walk in closet dedicated to my leather boots and jackets. I currently own 47 pairs of knee (with 4 more pairs on the way) high boots. I like the idea of the leg warmers. I never thought of that. I have all the colors I want. Now I look for different styles. If you like different colors check out the Lucky Brand Albeni boot in Pacific. It's an unique blue black. Happy shopping.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 9, 2013 12:06:28 PM PST
Liz Bennet says:
ShoeHound, I bought them! The unique color is so gorgeous - definitely something new to my collection. Goes great with jeans and black skinny jeans. Very comfy too. My coworkers are so jealous of them! Thanks again for your review and advice. :)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.3 out of 5 stars (106 customer reviews)

$189.00 $59.99 - $94.99