Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon The Jayhawks Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

5.0 out of 5 stars A Step in the right direction, November 12, 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Call of Duty: Ghosts Prestige Edition - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
This review is with regards largely to the Prestige edition and Camera at this point. The game has been fun but my friends are stuck in BF4 land with much COD hate due to earlier release particularly BO2.

A couple notes on the gameplay I have enjoyed to date. The movement is exquisitely fluid, this is so very polished. Having played back and forth between BF4 and Ghosts the last few weeks, COD took mantling and made it better. The knee slide is just icing. There are notable differences in weapon behavior between this and the previous versions. No longer is the SMB the ultimate weapon. And snipers cannot quick scope the way they used to. That doesnt mean a truly good sniper won't take you out, but it means that the glitch that made quick scoping bread and butter is gone.

Now to the camera. The camera was the reason I went for the prestige edition. So far I think it was worth it though there are some reservations. The camera comes with a number of mounting options that seem generally to work well. It also comes with a nice kit to store it all in. The camera is very easy to use and has a very short manual. The video quality is pretty good definitely HD, though with heavy compression, and not the best color. The kit includes a 4G micro SD which was a good surprise, though not really large enough. It is very easy to connect to the computer and pull the video off the camera without needing special software. The format however is problematic. You might need VLC to be able to play the video though there are certainly other options, I know that one works. The mic is not functional at speed and it's design leads to significant noise, though it is marginally effective when you are not moving fast. The camera is made of plastic but does feel decent in the hand, it does not feel fragile and I expect it to take some bumps and bruises without issue.

I took the camera out for a weekend excursion to the Kart track. I was easily able to use the included mount to secure it to the handle bars of the kart. The camera worked well to capture the action, though in that position picked a pretty substantial jitter from the kart's vibrations. I used one of the alternate mounts to secure it to a helmet via doublestick tape and was able to obtain good video that way as well. The camera worked will in both cases. Unfortunately at the end of our last set of laps I found the camera was off having missed some amount of the action. There was no issue with the first three rounds, and the triple red flash indicated the SD card was full. It recorded somewhat less than 40min at 720p60fps.

I would love to be posting a video to accompany this review and hopefully will do so at some point in the future. However, the video codec that is used in recording is making that a challenge. Adobe Premiere Pro sees no video in the files. The included software on the Mac seems to have a serious bug. When I attempted to export the video using that software to another format, the 4Gig grew to over 60Gig and filled my laptops SSD completely. I am still working on a way to edit my video and when done will add to this review.

I just found out today that the season pass will allow an upgrade from the current gen to next gen without any additional cost. Without the season pass this is an extra $10. So one more reason I am happy that I bought the prestige edition which includes the season pass.

All in all I am looking forward to hundreds of hours playing this game.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 25, 2013 5:01:01 PM PST
JeffG says:
Have you tried converting your 360 to an Xbox one version? Just wondering how one might go about doing this?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2013 11:39:16 AM PST
A. Mefford says:
I gave up trying to figure out how to upgrade to the Xbox One version having bought the prestige edition. I finally opted to buy another copy on a holiday special pricing.

I really wish that Microsoft and Activision had offered a digital upgrade option for non-digital copies. Or publicized better the digital only option earlier, though I didnt have space on my 360 to hold the digital version.

Posted on Jun 23, 2014 4:45:47 PM PDT
Matt C says:
I was wondering how this camera preformed under cold conditions like would I be able to use this while snowboarding...thanks

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 23, 2014 4:52:14 PM PDT
A. Mefford says:
I haven't had the opportunity to take it out in the snow. Pretty frustrated with it at this point because I can't convert the video to anything useful. So if you don't ever want to edit your videos it might be ok still, but if you want to bring it into Adobe Premier and do something interesting with it you are out of luck as far as I can tell.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 8, 2014 12:48:48 PM PST
What format does the camera record in? It records in HD so I'm guessing .m2ts. And have you tried HandBrake? If you don't know what HB is, it's THE video/audio converter when everything else won't work.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 8, 2014 2:21:00 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 8, 2014 2:22:14 PM PST
A. Mefford says:
That would be a flawed assumption and incorrect. m2ts would be easy to work in and is supported by many products. The format is not supported by HandBrake at least not at the point when I wrote this review.

In order to export the video to a meaningful format you must use the provided software, software which is too buggy to successfully use. I have been unable in a year to export a single video. To be fair I have not had many hours too try.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›