71 of 73 people found the following review helpful
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Mo' Urban Dictionary: Ridonkulous Street Slang Defined (Paperback)
While I enjoyed the previous edition of this idea, this book left me feeling a little cheated and a bit let down. It seems as if this publisher is now stretching thin a once good idea.
Sure, there are more than enough unusual and interesting entries to give you a few nights worth of guffaws, but overall, you can get more from just visiting the website or signing up for their 'word of the day'.
I usually purchase a lot of pop-culture dictionaries and reference books, but this isn't one of the better ones by a long shot.
Try these if you're so inclined:
1. McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions
2. Knickers in a Twist: A Dictionary of British Slang
3. From Grill to Dome: A Dictionary of African American Slang Words and Phrases
4. The Oxford Dictionary of Idioms
5. Talk the Talk: The Slang of 65 American Subcultures
6. The Devil's Dictionary
7. The Devil's Dictionaries: The Best of the Devil's Dictionary and the American Heretic's Dictionary
Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 9, 2009 9:39:17 PM PDT
Bastille Day says:
I very much appreciate when people post alternatives when they did not like something. Thank you so much for doing so.
In reply to an earlier post on Sep 9, 2009 9:41:51 PM PDT
Steffan Piper says:
It's all good, I do what I can. Thanks for reading.
Posted on Apr 1, 2011 4:29:35 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 1, 2011 4:34:29 PM PDT
From the 1950s Bumper Sticker
<Go Go Go Everybody--Crazy Man Crazy>
Hard Day Man You Dig
‹ Previous 1 Next ›