Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

5.0 out of 5 stars Good backpack at a great price., July 10, 2014
This review is from: Everest Luggage Backpack with Front and Side Pockets (Apparel)
I read a ton of reviews on backpacks and went back and forth for weeks before purchasing this one. I needed an inexpensive backpack that fit my small list of requirements. Before settling on this one, I read many of the comments. Here's a break down of the complaints/comments that made me hesitate.

Size: When originally reading the reviews of this item, many complained that it was small. The dimensions are clearly stated in the product description. It is not a huge bag, but it isn't tiny either. What it is, is a moderately sized bag, perfect for day trips. I am 5'5" and wear this bag comfortably. My husband (5'11") has no comfort issues with it either. The straps have a large amount for adjustment and make getting a comfortable fit easy.

Quality: Come on, folks. Look at the price of this bag. You are not getting a Jansport that is going to last until your kids have kids. It is extremely reasonably priced and you know that the quality is not going to be stellar. With that in mind, I was pleasantly surprised at how nice this bag actually is. Sure, the stitching could use a little reinforcement in some areas and I fully expect to have to do that at some point down the road. But, for the daily abuse this bag takes, it is holding up surprisingly well. I have stuffed it within an inch of it's life and then dragged it through an airport and on an airplane and you would never know it. It gets tossed in the car, shoved into lockers, sat in the dirt, and still looks great.

Busted zipper/weird smell/misc. complaints: My bag was in perfect shape. If your bag has a defect, contact Amazon and return it. They have a great return policy. With any mass-manufactured item, there is going to be a small number of items that are not up to snuff. Every batch has its lemon.

In short, I purchased this bag to replace my (several years old) Eddie Bauer cross-body diaper bag that was on it's last leg. My goal for this bag was one that would fit me comfortably and hold everything I needed for a day trip out with my toddler. I had requirements of a separate front pocket, water bottle pockets on each side, and no interior technology padding. This bag fit the bill perfectly and has performed admirably.

On a typical day outing, this bag holds:
*an Easy Lunchboxes lunch bag
*a changing mat
*a small case of wipes
*4 diapers
*2 Contigo water bottles
*wallet, glasses case, and misc. small personal effects
*pack of crayons and small note pad
*snack bars
*matchbox cars
*change of toddler clothes

All that and I usually have a little room to spare. So, if you're looking for a good day bag that won't break the bank, you really can't beat this deal.

Update 9/4/15:
This bag is still going strong more than a year later! I'm seriously impressed with how well it is holding up. Sure, one of the mesh pockets has a couple small tears and I can see some seams that are working on getting a little loose, but nothing that affects the overall performance. This backpack goes EVERYWHERE with us and puts up with a lot of abuse. This is one great inexpensive backpack!

[Add comment]