2.0 out of 5 stars Expect to replace flimsy parts. Build quality is poor., December 2, 2013
This review is from: HP Pavilion 14-n019nr 14-Inch Touchscreen Laptop (Silver) (Personal Computers)
I had the previous version of Pavilion 14 inch and let me tell you. The build quality is so poor. The hinges are weak plastic and within a few months the screen cracked and the weak plastic hinges bent and broke. This is with reasonable wear.

I guess with HP Pavilions you get a cheaper price and cheaper parts. Expect to replace it within a year or so.

Also their tech service is terrible. They kind of blame the user for any thing that breaks and youll expect to be on the phone for 5 hours with a guy named Anish from India. They really take forever to replace something at HP and their quailty is terrible.

I only gave it 2 stars because of the price.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 2, 2013 11:30:21 AM PST
Charles_M says:
Your review isn't even about this computer. I get that you're dissatisfied with yours but it is not helpful to comment on something that you know nothing about.

Posted on Dec 2, 2013 2:47:14 PM PST
Sky Guy says:
It has all the same specs as this except the model is 14-n019 on mine.

It just doesn't have nr at the end of the model

Also another difference is the one I bought had 500gb

It's the exact same screen and laptop case, so my review is of the build quality for someone who barely moves this laptop from the house.

If you want to try buying it and see it flex and bend when you receive it in the mail. Just grab the screen and you can see it's got a lot of flex. When you hear the little creaks when you bend it with minimal pressure you will see. I'm just trying to look out for others thinking of saving $100 on this only to have issues with cracks or hinge problems.

Try Lenovo, Asus, similar models they all have much better build quality than this model HP. Good luck

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2013 12:04:07 PM PST
Dear Sky Guy,

I am very sorry to hear of your experience regarding the screen/hinge issues with your Hewlett-Packard computer. If you agree, I would like to discuss this issue with you further.

In order to review or escalate your issue, please send me an email with your product/contact information and/or any service ticket number to PSGSocialmedia@hp.com

Please include your Amazon username. I look forward to your response.

Regards,

Scott B.
Hewlett Packard Company
Executive Customer Relations

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 10, 2013 5:11:03 AM PST
Utah Pete says:
If his computer is a piece of junk and he is telling us about his experience with it, then he is telling us about his computer. I also have had bad dealings with HP's customer service and their inferior, shoddy products. Who put you in charge of what is credible or not? You sound like a control freak.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2013 6:19:14 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 16, 2013 6:25:21 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2013 7:14:19 PM PST
S. Splitt says:
I've used HP products for 15 years in my accounting practice, and through 4 years of college and 4 years of grad school. I take my laptop with me everywhere with above average use. I have found these products to be an excellent value for the price and have never experienced the type of problems you describe. I had one hard drive crash under warranty in 15 years and HP was quick to replace my hard drive for me.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2013 8:52:08 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 16, 2013 8:54:37 PM PST
Sky Guy says:
Sounds like you're one of few splitt that is if you're using pavilion notebooks. I currently have dealt with several Hps. And had many issues with them and customer service as Utah Pete said. I do software IT so I have had many laptops and deal with laptops and desktops of several employees at work. Lenovos in general have been the best. Followed by samsung Asus. Even acer and dells are better. As far as build quality the HP line has been the worst. Pavilions in particular have issues. Just do a google search of HP quality or pavilion notebook hinge issues etc.

I

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2013 12:16:33 AM PST
Ms. B says:
I have and do own an HP, a 3 year old Paviion. I have never had a problem with my HP's. Mine also has hinges that are plastic; however, it is quite sturdy & doesn't flex. I sometimes pick it up by the top & it has fallen on the floor a few times; yet it is still working just fine. I would like to get a newer laptop, so I've been shopping for a few months. That's how I saw this post. It would be more beneficial if comments were only about the product, not one another. HP wrote a reply. Personally, I would take them up on their offer to help if I had had a bad experience. I am looking forward to getting a new laptop!

Posted on Dec 20, 2013 12:39:49 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 20, 2013 12:41:02 PM PST
Peter Rabbit says:
How is the HP Pavilion 14-018US? It has the AMD A8 processor with 6gb of ram and a 750gb Drive for 500.00.

I had a 4 year old HP Pavilion that I am replacing as the screen flickers due to loose hinges and I need to press the screen down to get it to work.

It seems the HP product have gone downhill over the past few years. I wanted to buy an Lenovo, but for the same specs, it was over 700.00. an Lenovo seems to be removing the DVD drive from its products.

Any thoughts would be appreciated

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2013 1:14:44 PM PST
Sky Guy says:
Peter this is what happened to mine it starts with screen flickers. Then screen goes out. This happened to my sister who had the same model.

Customer service is terrible. Give you the runaround for 2 hour long phone calls then they ask you to delete and reinstall software when it's obviously a hardware issue.

Terrible build quality and parts.

They will not escalate issues until you post a bad review. They basically want me to take the review down. But I won't as a warning to others. Buyer beware.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›

Review Details

Item

3.9 out of 5 stars (86 customer reviews)

Used & New from: $499.00