5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, January 19, 2010
This review is from: JanSport Big Student Classics Series Daypack (Luggage)
I have been a Jansport Junkie since I was in High school (Many years ago). I remember begging my mom for the black backpack with that tapestry looking strip across the front. I was lucky enough that she bought it for me and thanks to their lifetime warrenty (it has been replaced for free 3 times now) I still have that backpack and it functions as my always packed bathroom travel bag.

So I decided to go back to school to get a second major and didn't want to unpack my bathroom bag. I began hunting for a Jansport. I ordered this bag in the Tan color with the pink zippers. I LOVE it. First of all it came with that wonderful tag that says "Lifetime warrenty on craftsmanship," second, it's larger and much more comfortable them my circa 1993 version.

There are WAY more pockets then the old ones had. Right now in the large main pocket I have a Precalculus book, Chemistry Book, Microbiology book, and chemistry Student guide. In the second main pocket (the bulk of the packpack is separated into two parts) I have 3 spiral notebooks, 2 composition books, a TI Calculator, and a pair of lab goggles. In the front pouch I have two full boxes of pencils, one box of pens, various items from my purse and two packs of gum. Then I found two more pockets AND a little webbed thingy on the side for holding a bottle of water. Also in the front pouch is a little pocket made just for cell phones - nice touch. I still have plenty of room for adding more crap should I want to... but I don't think I could lift it then.

The whole exterior is made in that standard high test canvas that makes Jansport bags last forever. The inside separator between the two large pockets may be the first thing that goes - it's a much flimsier material.

Final verdict - it holds everything I need it to hold, has surprisingly comfortable straps, and appears very durable. Highly recommended for High school, college, weekend overnight bag, or laptop bag. I do not recommend it for little ones as my 8 year old put it on and it almost swallowed him.

EDIT- I have just ordered 2 more of these - one for each of my stepsons. The bag has made it through almost a whole college semester with nary a scuff. I love this bag. I now have one in this black and white spastic mishmash color that matches my youngest's bike, and the one with the lions on it (looks like old heraldry) they are all shaped exactly the same and made just as durable.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 19, 2010 9:28:40 PM PST
- Kasia S. says:
I hope it holds horror books as well?? I LOVED the JanSport packs back in the day, never had one, perhaps its time!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 20, 2010 4:58:29 AM PST
Ravenskya says:
It can hold LOTS of horror books - now if only I can find time to read them between trying to study for Precalc, Microbiology and Chemistry I'll be ready to go!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 20, 2010 10:23:28 AM PST
- Kasia S. says:
Yeah I've noticed, I came here expecting to see all sorts of fun reviews :) I have to fight to find time to read too

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 20, 2010 11:27:29 AM PST
Ravenskya says:
I know, I have a HUGE pile of books to read (90% of them being horror) and just havent found the time. Though I admit my new videogame is taking up a lot of my spare time :)

Posted on Jan 24, 2010 10:52:10 PM PST
Hey, RAVE, this sounds like what my granddaughter needs, and since I'm always spoiling them, I'm going to seriously consider getting this for her...thanks to your very descriptive, enticing review. You got it going on, girl; this is a fine review. And anyone who loves horror books (movies too) is tops in my book. xo

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 25, 2010 5:14:11 AM PST
Ravenskya says:
Thank you Betty, you are a dear! I guess it's off to studying again. Everyone keep your fingers crossed for me that I can get in to Veterinary School!

Posted on Mar 26, 2011 11:59:43 PM PDT
L. JOURNELL says:
hey. thanks for the GREAT idea about getting rid of the inner lining. ive had my new bag for a couple weeks and its awesome...and that was the ONLY thing getting on my nerves. didnt even think about getting rid of it. just did it and what a excellent idea. now im in love.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.6 out of 5 stars (1,535 customer reviews)
 (1,180)