5.0 out of 5 stars WORTH EVERY PENNY CRYSTAL CLEAR (FOR NOW), February 22, 2012
This review is from: Samsung UN55D8000 55-Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3D LED HDTV (Silver) [2011 MODEL] (2011 Model) (Electronics)
Samsung UN55D8000 55-Inch 1080p 240Hz 3D LED HDTV (Silver)
I first saw this product when I walked into a Best Buy store. They had a wall full of LED 47,55 and 60 inch 240HZ TV's on demo however, this model's picture jumped right out at me. I currently have an LG LED 47 inch 240HZ set and couldn't believe the difference even though i love my LG set. I asked the sales person if the Samsung TV set was set up differently than all the others? He answered no, we have them all set the same. I believe he said vivid. I ask him well, why is this set picture was so crisp and clear even right up close? He answered, that he beleives that Samsung just had a better screen than most other brands.

I am not usually impressed by products being displayed at a store however I was this time. Well, I looked up the reviews on the net and most spoke very highly of the set. Of course there are always something that a particular person would like or not like, even me. I do wish it used PASSIVE 3D glasses however I really don't use that function much. The remote and TV have so much Smarts with keys on both sides of the remote I might purchase a scaled down one like lesser models have.

Samsung's web site "RECOMMENDS" their wall mounting system well I just used the generic one that was already up on my wall. This mount had all kinds of different hardware to adapt to most brands up to 59 or 60 inches. A SANUS VMPL50 i beleive.
The Samsung has a larger screen than my LG but was about 15 lbs. lighter.

AMAZON handled this order just great. They priced matched to the lowest on there list of authorzed retailers. THANK YOU, AMAZON.

************* WARNING WARNING WARNING **************

Even though the shipping as supposed to be what AMAZON called "WHITE GLOVE DELIVERY". The shipper is supposed to understand the unit enough to turn on the set and test it so that it turns on and picture screen looks acceptable both cosmetically and functionally. THIS WHITE GLOVE SERVICE INFORMATION IS VIRTUALLY A QUOTE FROM AN AMAZON REPRESENTATIVE! The two delivery people in my opinion were not quallified. They just wanted to drop the SEALED box off, have me sign for it, and drive away. I mented to them that what AMAZON said about the WHITE GLOVE DELIVERY SERVICE. They said OH! OK! If that's what I really wanted. Well, they fumbled around and got it partialyy out of the box and I inspeced the contents. One of the delivery people took out the remote to put the batteries in it and DROPPED IT ON MY HARD TILE FLOOR fumbling around trying to put the batteries in it backwards. Well I took over and got things squared away. Everything is OK for now. The set looks great however I have lots to learn about all of its funtions.

I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS TV TO OTHERS. THE PICTURE IS GREAT. I LOVE THIS TV SO FAR. I HOPE NOTHING GOES WRONG WITH IT HOWEVER I DID PURCHASE A SQUARE TRADE POLICY.

I RECOMEND THAT YOU GO TO SAMSUNG'S WEB SITE AND DOWNLOAD THE MANUAL AND LOOK AT THE SETS FUNTIONS BEFORE PURCHASING IT HELPED ME MAKE MY DECISION.

AGAIN AMAZON THEMSELVES HANDLED EVERYTHING WONDERFULLY!!!

*********** UPDATE AS OF 8/28/2013 ***********
EVERYTHING IS JUST AS GOOD AS IT WAS WHEN I PURCHASED IT 18 MONTHS AGO. I AM STILL AMAIZED AT THE PICTURE QUALITY. I HOPE EVERYTHING STAYS THIS WAY FOR YEARS TO COME.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]