Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Office Desk Fan, May 8, 2011
This review is from: Lasko 4000 Air Stik Ultra-Slim Oscillating Fan (Kitchen)
For 2 years I have worked in an office where war has been fought over the ambient temperature. Some like it cool and some like it very hot. I am a "like it cool" dude.

Now that spring is here, the war is back on this soldier is sick of fighting. I decided to buy a fan, but (darn) which one? It seems there are millions out there. After reading reviews, I decided to purchase this fan.

It arrived and I was initially put-off by its small size. Don't let the small size fool you. This fan, on the slow speed, moves ample air and is whisper quiet. It does the job and does it well. Now I am not as warm and am uber content not being caught up in the temperature battles.

I do not recommend this Lasko if you sleep with a fan at night. It has 2 speeds and is too quiet at the lowest speed to provide the "white noise" that us urban dwellers around the world have come to rely on.

Overall, 2 thumbs up, way up, on this fan as an office companion

Pros:
1) QUIET
2) Moves ample air
3) Small and takes up little desk-top real estate
4) Attractive
5) Oscillates

Cons:
1) Not loud enough to sleep with (only a con if you want night noise)

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 11, 2011 6:17:07 AM PDT
Yon Chung says:
Hi,

Just wondering if it 220V capable? usually states on the back of the prongs. Thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 23, 2013 9:14:53 PM PDT
elkile says:
I doubt it would convert well to 220V - it is not a very powerful device. I bought one as a give to help end an office war that has raged for years - literally, people have been fired and others have quit over this temperature issue. I will let you know if it brings peace.

Posted on Dec 21, 2013 2:27:20 PM PST
S. McD says:
I plan to use this not to cool "me" but a Mac Pro computer pointed to the back vent. My ATI Graphic card occasionally runs "hot"-This would be to assist in dissipating the extra heat... a loud fan noise in the Computer tells me it is overworking to keep the graphic card cool.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 15, 2014 3:32:36 PM PDT
Saint Seiya says:
Why not just watercool the CPU, or by more case fans/hacktosh it? I would really suggest ghetto rigging air flows by force into it....that can cause damage to computer parts. D:

Posted on Apr 30, 2014 12:34:37 AM PDT
kcimos says:

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 28, 2014 9:19:05 AM PDT
Jessica M says:
95 degrees??? Are you insane?

Not a word of your post makes sense.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 7, 2014 12:14:04 PM PDT
made perfect sense to me. . .

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 8, 2015 5:17:28 PM PDT
GW says:
I once worked in a place that set the temp up way high to save money by not operating the A/C until the temp reached 87º.....and then encased the thermostat in a plastic case with a very uncommon screw so the ordinary dope would be deterred from attempting to open it.

Not THIS dope, tho.....I used clay to make an impression of the top of the screw and took it to the hardware store.
Bought the correct screwdriver and that was that.....cool A/C whenever I wanted. Until I was found out.

So then they put a LOCK on the plastic case surrounding the thermostat.

UNDAUNTED, I got one of those clip-on lamps and clipped that suckah right on a little nail I hammered into the wall next to the thermostat encased in that plastic box.

The heat of the lightbulb set that A/C running full time.
I can't do my best work when sitting in a puddle of sweat, CAN I??

I'm gonna try this fan out on my bathroom vanity.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 8, 2015 5:18:03 PM PDT
GW says:
Me too.
What's wrong with these humorless people?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 13, 2015 12:47:33 PM PDT
David Z says:
It's amazing to me that so few people picked up on the sarcasm. *weeps for humanity*
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›