56 of 58 people found the following review helpful
the only correct adapter I've found,
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Silverstone Tek 3.5-Inch to 2 X 2.5-Inch Hard Drive HDD SSD Bay Converter, Silver (SDP08) (Personal Computers)
Wow, you'd think it wouldn't be this difficult to get this type of product right, but finally I've found one that IS!
- exterior dimensions are the same as a standard 3.5" drive
- ~solid sheet metal on bottom and both sides, meaning this should work in most screw-less enclosures
- threaded hole pattern is correct & complete - has all the holes [sides AND bottom] that my Seagate 7200.12 (standard 1.5TB drive) has, in the correct location.
- works perfectly with my OCZ SSD
- easy hole pattern to access screws for 2.5" drive
as an added bonus, I could mount 2 2.5" drives if I needed to.
Thank you silverstone... I've just ordered another to mount a quite 2.5" drive in my HTPC...
(it occurs to me - I've never seen a 2.5" drive with only bottom holes (i.e. no side screws), but due to the way this is stamped, you wouldn't be able to mount such a 2.5" drive)