67 of 69 people found the following review helpful
the only correct adapter I've found,
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: SilverStone Technology 3.5-Inch to 2 X 2.5-Inch Internal Hard Drive HDD / SSD Bay Converter, Silver (SDP08) (Personal Computers)
Wow, you'd think it wouldn't be this difficult to get this type of product right, but finally I've found one that IS!
- exterior dimensions are the same as a standard 3.5" drive
- ~solid sheet metal on bottom and both sides, meaning this should work in most screw-less enclosures
- threaded hole pattern is correct & complete - has all the holes [sides AND bottom] that my Seagate 7200.12 (standard 1.5TB drive) has, in the correct location.
- works perfectly with my OCZ SSD
- easy hole pattern to access screws for 2.5" drive
as an added bonus, I could mount 2 2.5" drives if I needed to.
Thank you silverstone... I've just ordered another to mount a quite 2.5" drive in my HTPC...
(it occurs to me - I've never seen a 2.5" drive with only bottom holes (i.e. no side screws), but due to the way this is stamped, you wouldn't be able to mount such a 2.5" drive)
Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 13, 2012 2:54:54 PM PDT
B. Snider says:
Thank you for the information! My SSD only has bottom holes for mounting and this wouldn't have done the job!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›