5.0 out of 5 stars Recreate Your Financial Self-Image, March 22, 2005
This review is from: Secrets of the Millionaire Mind: Mastering the Inner Game of Wealth (Hardcover)
This is a great book, because it starts with allowing readers to explore their subconscious, childhood money messages that are sabotaging their chance of being wealthy.

The theme is written from the premise of your worthiness thoughts lead to your actions which lead to your circumstances.

"Wealthy." The meaning of "wealthy" indicates a great deal about who you are.

The wealthy at country clubs talk about a person's net worth. The middle class at other environments talk about the raise. And the poor talk about making it.

One of the most hilarious parts to this book is the example of what happens when someone says, "Oh! Money is not that important."

T. Harv Eker's reaction is to tap the palm of his hand on his forehead as he say's, "Oh! I get it. You're broke!"

To do this, without regard for whose around and what the social situation is, would definitely be life altering for the person who says that money is not important. (I actually can't imagine someone doing this in any situation other than if they are presenting a motivational workshop, where they are in charge.

But, nonetheless, imagining this happening was funny.

Beyond humor, this book compares the rich to the poor with these assertions:

1. Rich people believe "I create my life." Poor people

believe, "Life happens to me."

2. Rich people play the money game to win. Poor people

play the money game to not lose.

3. Rich people are committed to being rich. Poor people

want to be rich.

4. Rich people think big. Poor people think small.

5. Rich people focus on opportunities. Poor people focus

on obstacles.

6. Rich people admire other rich and successful people.

Poor people resent rich and successful people.

7. Rich people associate with positive, successful

people. Poor people associate with negative or

unsuccessful people.

8. Rich people are willing to promote themselves and their

value. Poor people think negatively about selling and

promotion.

9. Rich people are bigger than their problems. Poor

people are smaller than their problems.

10. Rich people are excellent receivers. Poor people are

poor receivers.

11. Rich people choose to get paid based on results. Poor

people choose to get paid based on time.

12. Rich people think "both." Poor people

think "either/or."

13. Rich people focus on their net worth. Poor people

focus on their working income.

14. Rich people manage their money well. Poor people

mismanage their money well.

15. Rich people have their money work hard for them. Poor

people work hard for their money.

16. Rich people act in spite of fear. Poor people let fear

stop them.

17. Rich people constantly learn and grow. Poor people

think they already know.

This is a great book because with each assertion T. Harv Eker gives excellent real life scenarios, as well as experiences that he has live through.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 22, 2008 3:30:27 AM PDT
sketchalot says:
I love how you put those 17 things this author teases us with throughout his hullaballoo email that I received recently in the mail, (which prompted me to search for the book here)! I received an email from the website of Bill Harris, Consciousnessone.com, where there are all books and tapes exactly like this stuff. I'm not saying that positive thinking and actions don't work. I'm just amazed at how everyone is jumping on the "get rich my way" bandwagon with these hokey seminars that pump you up, but only make the guy rich who is doing the seminar. Now, that's a good salesman! LOL! Seriously, I'm all for positive thinking and action, but these seminars are just getting out of hand in their volume!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 10, 2008 6:22:09 AM PST
Positive thinking does work. Some people learn positive thinking when they're young. Everyone else needs to learn it as an adult, and these types of seminars provided concentrated instruction, though I have not been to this person's seminar.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 4, 2009 8:17:37 AM PST
Positive thinking works; however, whatever we want, to get it we must make our desire and intention equal.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 4, 2009 8:19:53 AM PST
Everyone, from birth on uses positive thinking, on some level. And, those who are wealthy, from childhood through adulthood, are positive about being prosperous. They don't focus so much on money, as they do on what money will give them (e.g., peace of mind, options, etc.).

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2009 2:28:53 PM PST
How specifically has this book helped you financially?

Posted on Oct 25, 2010 7:58:49 AM PDT
P. Itano says:
Loved your review. I read this book years ago, but never made a list of rich vs poor traits like you did. Thanks for that. I copied it for myself.

I also think Harv Eker was the first person, for me, who pinpointed the grossly different mindset of the rich vs the poor. Thanks for that, Harv. It really made me examine my beliefs about wealth. (Good for me. Now I've got a few thousand banked, and no debts. Not wealthy yet, but on my way.)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2010 8:50:57 AM PST
I've read the book several times and also went to the Millionaire Mind Intensive many times. All I can say is that this book has helped me change my life for the better. Since then, I've increased my income and gotten promoted at work, and was paid nice bonuses for the results I bring. I have also developed a business on my own time, and my investments have gained healthy returns where many are losing their shirts. However, you have to believe that you can change your life, and apply the philosophy and techniques in your life, and do what is necessary to make the changes. I can attest that the stuff in this book is for real, and it works in my life.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 2, 2012 1:40:20 PM PDT
I especially liked the bit about rich people wanting to be paid based upon results while the poor want to be paid based upon time. I've seen that myself time and time again throughout my life, usually the latter.

I still remember the first time a grizzled old manual laborer complained to me about how the head of the company he worked for made so much more than him, despite the fact that he didn't work any harder. I was probably 7 at the time, but even then I thought the man's attitude very strange. Today I almost feel like smacking people who cop that nonsense crap at me.

There is something I'd like to add to your list.

18. Rich people believe that companies exist to create value. Poor people believe that companies exist to create jobs.

You see the latter idea all the time, especially during election seasons, and it is total crap. Businesses exist to create value that does not otherwise exist. They do this because that is the only way to actually make money.

That created value is exchanged with others and the difference between the cost of producing that value and what it can be exchanged for is the profit.

How many people are employed along the way is completely irrelevant.

In fact, in today's world with the predations of Obamacare and other Marxist attacks on our economy, companies are looking for ways to cut their payrolls more than ever, and I don't blame them a bit. When it costs more to have someone on the payroll than the value they produce, only a fool would keep that position filled.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2014 2:33:26 PM PST
Verita says:
Haha, yes, they learn it young because their parents are rich. Then they leave them money and they stay rich. Very few of the rich are self-made.

Posted on Apr 14, 2014 9:17:53 PM PDT
How did the book help you financially?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›