187 of 209 people found the following review helpful
A couple of Aha Moments . . .
, July 23, 2012
Arrived quickly, and I was very happy with how it looked!
Things to note:
- This takes a very small, 5V DC power supply, which is unusual to me.
- It is an unsupported Google device = no Play app store, and still can't figure out how to get HBO GO to work on it, and can't get Facebook created app (unless someone tells me where else you can download it from!)
- Has a very sensitive power button - last 3 times I've put it in my backpack for use at work, the power button has been hit in transit and I arrive with it drained and unusable. Could probably be remedied by buying a better case than by using the slipcover it comes with.
- Back button often exits you out of something, rather than taking you to your last page/position.
- Browser, while effective, does not have near the same functionality as the browser on my PC.
- Browser feels slow to me, and it's annoying.
Other things to note:
- Sound quality was surprisingly good for what it is.
- Keyboard is awesome and works really well, which surprised me.
- Absolutely zero lag in streaming of either music or video - win!!!
- You can still do lots of great stuff, like use other social media apps that allow you to view Facebook, or use the browser for it (can't get browser version of HBO GO however, *sad clown face*).
- Use Amazon app store for lots of good stuff even if you can't use Google Play app store - the Get Jar app store was surprisingly limited. Might just be the brand new O/S.
- Picks up home wi-fi & mobile hotspot (wi-fi from my phone) just great, never had a problem with that!
- Renders books really well and is fun to use for reading.
Overall, because it is less than half price of any other 10" tablet out there, I will give it a "like" rating and deal with what it doesn't do. But the HBO GO thing was a major blow and the big reason behind losing a whole star. I've heard that they are supposed to be coming out with a new version of the app that I can get to and will work on this O/S, but my fingers are still crossed on that . . .
Also, in case anyone from Google is reading this - you majorly effed up by allowing others to license your O/S by NOT also allowing anyone with said O/S's devices to be able to access YOUR CONTENT. Lose move IMHO. Retarded.
Help other customers find the most helpful reviews
Was this review helpful to you?