5.0 out of 5 stars Great Film - Buy the Single Disc Version!, December 9, 2008
This review is from: The Dark Knight (Two-Disc Special Edition) (DVD)
What has been said about the Dark Knight cannot be elaborated on - so I won't. The film is muscling its way into my #1 favorite comic movie adaptation of all time.

The reason for my review is in hopes of saving you some money. This double disc Special Edition doesn't deliver the price you pay for it. There isn't even deleted scenes!!! I would save your very hard earned dollars and buy the single disc version and wait for the inevitable ULTIMATE re-release that will come later on down the road.

But nonetheless, a great film - you will not be dissapointed; I just wish the studio would have given a better Special Edition release than what we have here. So enjoy!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 30 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 27, 2008 8:27:39 AM PST
K. M. Reed says:
This is exactly the kind of info I was looking for (at least on this particular title). Thanks for helping me save $$$ !

Posted on Dec 28, 2008 10:37:37 AM PST

Posted on Dec 28, 2008 5:29:13 PM PST
Emily B. says:
I completely agree with you. I think they want us to buy the blu-ray version, because that's where they seem to have put most of the good extras. I suppose I like having a digital copy of the movie on my iPod, but I really wanted more "making of" features and interviews. Christopher Nolan dvds often do not include running commentary or deleted scenes, so I know not to expect those.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2008 10:48:04 PM PST
AnimeGod981 says:
Michael says:

You are if you have no desire for the digital copy. Plus digital copies expire. Its basically a rental.

Posted on Jan 8, 2009 5:46:49 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Sep 14, 2009 5:43:20 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 10, 2009 10:17:21 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 11, 2009 12:43:58 PM PST
Linquel says:
Michael says:
"The price for this is mainly because of the digital copy. It's not like you are being ripped off."

I'm sorry, but I disagree. Compare the two-disc edition of Batman Begins to this. Two-disc editions should have much more than this. The bonus features here are almost worthless. What do I care about the iMax scenes if I'm not watching it on an iMax screen? Why don't they at least have some kind of "history of the Joker in comics" or something. The only reason I can think of for having such a sorry disc is to try to coerce people into going Blu-Ray. I was all set to post a similar "save your money" review, but Victor summed it up nicely. I received this as a Christmas gift, but if I had shelled out the money personally I would be seriously cheesed off.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 13, 2009 5:56:57 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 13, 2009 6:08:07 PM PST
Also, Christopher Nolan said in a USA TODAY interview back in December that there won't be any deleted scenes coming down the road, nor outtakes (particularly from Heath Ledger):

"Nolan says he wasn't keeping deleted scenes from fans. 'For my past three films, I really haven't had scenes that didn't make it in the movie,' he says. 'If it's in the final script, I tend put it on screen.'

"Any outtakes, however, were intentionally left off the DVD. 'I don't like outtakes or gag reels,' Nolan says. 'I don't think it's respectful to the actors, who signed on to have their performance on screen, not the takes that didn't work out. It discourages actors from going all-out if they think every mistake is going on the disc.' "

Posted on Jan 17, 2009 7:50:54 AM PST
T. Ryan says:
I am only interested in the BD live portion of this video as I am curious to all its features. Everyone is quick to say the second disk sucks OK great but I believe thats what BD live is for? Why is it no one ever mentioned the BD live for the disc? I read the top 15 reviews and there was no mention of it. And yes I did review all of them as unhelpful. I can get a movie review anywhere I wanted a review of the product after all isnt that the Idea?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2009 9:22:37 PM PST
Linquel says:

Posted on Jan 27, 2009 12:51:58 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 27, 2009 12:53:27 PM PST
OMG the fanboy mental masturbation for this film even extends to folks taking to task the DVD/BLU-RAY's special features. I really hate fan-boys.
Anyway, the two disc DVD version of this flick sucks. Not worth the money at all. The Blu-Ray isn't much better. Someone has already said it, but look at the DVD and Blu-Ray packages for Batman Begins and you will see how on both formats Warners has let fans down. Then again, I remember thinking the same thing about I Am Legend and 300, and guess what films got super, new-fangled Christ-mass box sets with more special features and other assorted knick-knacks? This will come out again for sure. A comic, t.v. and film history of the Joker would be a great feature. A respectful featurette as an ode to Heath Ledger would be welcomed. Interviews with the three writers and other assorted details about he production, plus all the useless features on the previous release. This is all not a fact yet, but I'd put money on it.
PS: the Blu-Ray does have the nifty t.v. doc about the psychology of the Batman characters. I liked that when I saw it one the tube, and I definately welcome it being on the Dark Knight package.
Later
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.3 out of 5 stars (2,584 customer reviews)
 (1,757)