1.0 out of 5 stars The Charging Port Let Down DUN DUN DUNNNNNN!!!!!!!!, October 17, 2012
This review is from: Kindle Fire - Includes Special Offers (Previous Generation - 2nd) (Electronics)
First I have to say that I feel sorry for the customer service people that work ay Amazon and that all of them have been nice even with the fact their hands were tied. I got my first Kindle Fire in Feb of this year 2012. For many months I enjoyed it with no problems. Then the charging port became loose and would no longer charge. Called Amazon I was sent a brand new Kindle Fire. Sweet!! I did notice the port was loose right away but figured hey maybe this was the "fix" to the problem. Two months later same thing. Sent a new Kindle Fire. A month after that same thing. Now another month later same thing working on my fourth. After all this I requested an "up grade" to which I was told policy would not allow it. Now I feel angry and DO NOT EVEN FIND NEW KINDLE FIRE HD APPEALING. I am scared to buy any Kindle Fire product after this. Super sad too due to the fact I may have to find a new tablet company. I loved my Kindle Fire but now I do not even want to open the box with my fourth replacement Kindle Fire just to be let down.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 14 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 47 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 10, 2012 4:59:10 AM PST
S. Pinon says:
The same thing happened to me. Twice. I'm on my third Kindle Fire and I haven't had it for an entire year. When asked what will happen six months down the road when it happens again, the customer service rep said they'd send another until the year warrant is up which is very soon. I told her that it wasn't my fault that they have made a defective product. She apologized but of course, wasn't able to do anything. I asked to speak to a supervisor but she wouldn't transfer me. Very frustrating and it scares me to have another one sent just to have this happen again. I thought a new charger would be needed but it's not the charger, it's the port in the Kindle. I would not recommend a KF. Why don't the powers to be listen to comments and remedy the situation.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 11:50:20 AM PST
Me too! I am on my fourth KF on a year, due to charging port issues. I have heard (but how do we REALLY know??) that the second generation KF has fixed this design defect.

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 10:09:24 AM PST
me says:
I have had charging issues for some time now and am currently waiting for a replacement, this kind of dashes my hopes that it will be any better.

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 11:23:08 AM PST
P. Pranke says:
My kindle fire has also done the same thing and I thought it was the cord, so I purchased another one. I am on my Second one and I really hope it doesn't do it. Otherwise I really like the kindle fire.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 4:02:31 AM PST
J. Keech says:
The same thing has happened to me. They are now replacing the Kindle 1st generation with a Kindle 2nd generation which will now be my 4th replacement under warranty. Like you I am afraid to open this new replacement and would prefer to just send it back for a product credit.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012 8:31:38 AM PST
P. Pranke says:
Well I recieved my second kindle and I was really disappointed, it was not new. It was a refurbished one, I did call them to tell them not only is it used it is also wiggle and they are now sending me out my 3rd one. They need to just up-grade these kindles. Luck for me I bought an extented warranty for 2 more years.

Posted on Dec 31, 2012 11:38:42 AM PST
kdwhite39 says:
I am having the same problem but it is a year and a few months after purchasing it. I just bought a Fire HD and I am about ready to send it back. It is much better than my first KF which was the first version but this charging port thing should be dealt with rather than just swept under the rug so Amazon can get me to buy a new one.

Posted on Jan 22, 2013 1:12:35 PM PST
Da Bears says:
Yep, same here. My Kindle Fire worked flawlessly for about 6 months, and then suddenly wouldn't charge and wouldn't connect to the internet, no matter how many times I restarted the device or my home router. The nice customer service person at Amazon sent me a replacement, which developed the same two problems within a day of its arrival. Now I'm waiting for the upgraded (2nd gen) model the last Amazon rep promised me to replace the 2nd faulty device (and hoping I won't have to return that one as well). Too bad. I was really attached to the Kindle Fire, but I guess that's what happens when you rush to get a product to market before eliminating all the bugs. I will say that the Amazon people I have spoken to have been incredibly patient, given the mess that this product has evidently created for them.

Posted on Jan 23, 2013 5:31:11 AM PST
bryan veal says:
i bought my wife a kindle fire a year ago and we went through 4 kindles before they sent us the 2nd gen kindle fire so just tell them to upgrade u to the 2nd gen

Posted on Jan 29, 2013 4:36:30 AM PST
I had the same problem, it occurred a few weeks after the 1 year warranty expired. Amazon sent me a new Kindle Fire, and while it has not had a problem with the power cord yet, it has had problems with everything else. Music, apps, books, videos will stop working and clicking those tabs simple refreshes the home screen. The only way to get it to work is to restore it to default settings when this happens, which I had to do several times yesterday. Customer support was of no help. I'm done with purchasing things from Amazon. I'm probably going to try to root this Kindle Fire and install Android to see if that helps, and for my e-reader I'll buy my books direct from publishers like Baen or else buy then from B&N and remove the DRM and convert them to Kindle format. I've paid a lot of money for apps, many are the "Kindle Fire edition" and so may not work for me if I buy another tablet.

Ughh, this whole thing is a mess. The day before my first Kindle Fire stopped charging, I was going to subscribe to Amazon Prime, too. I'm glad I saved my money.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.1 out of 5 stars (14,027 customer reviews)
 (8,224)