2.0 out of 5 stars Purchased more than I needed, got less than I expected, May 29, 2011
This review is from: Brother MFC-9970CDW Color Laser All-in-One with Wireless Networking and Duplex (Office Product)
After numerous problems with my latest HP inkjet, I decided to move to laser. After reading several reviews, I decided to go with a Brother 9970 after seeing a picture printed on the Brother 9320. The store did not have a 9970 on display and I was told that 9970 image quality would be as good if not better on the 9320. Bottom line, the 9970 has horrible banding issues. There is a pattern on the Brother website that prints out a solid block of each color. The banding is evident on all colors but and the pattern of banding is similar but not identical on all colors. Not sure what is going on. I am wondering if it's the bias on the coronas/power supply. Bought this as I have a time critical project I need to print for Tuesday. Guess it's Kinkos again!

Proceed with caution on this product.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 30, 2011 10:27:52 AM PDT
R. Cone says:
Too bad you have the problem. I have used HP and Brother printers in the past. With the exception of the big HP [networked megabuck machines for large output needs] the Brother is a good bang for the buck - better'n HP.

In re the Kyocera knife - you are on the point [pun intended for a knife] about how well it performs - we have four in the kitchen and have gifted others to friends with all comments similar in content to yours. One downer - DO NOT DROP ON FLOOR.

In reply to an earlier post on May 30, 2011 11:00:07 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 30, 2011 11:00:39 AM PDT
Dd says:
In the past, I have had very good success with HP and found their post sale service second to none. It's tough for the hardware guys with visciously competitive pricing. I really hope the likes of HP and Lexmark can survive.

You are correct about the Kyocera and the brittle nature of the blade. I did have a tip break off and they replaced it. Their customer service is really good.

Posted on Sep 19, 2011 5:09:32 PM PDT
Bartorama says:
I also experienced banding out of the gate and Brother has basically replaced the entire guts to some success - but not enough that I can print professional quality marketing material. I'm still engaging Brother to resolve my issues...

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2011 7:50:30 PM PDT
Dd says:
They did the same for me and I must commend their effort. The print quality for images is not the best but generally serves my requirements. If I need photo quality, I use either inkjet or the lasers at my office.

It's really unfortunate as the 9970 is a nice piece of gear otherwise.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›