5.0 out of 5 stars Most fun I've had with a camera, June 16, 2011
This review is from: Casio Exilim EX-ZR100 12.1 MP CMOS Sensor with 12.5x Optical Zoom Digital Camera Black (Electronics)
This is a great little camera. I'm not a professional photographer so may not be as picky about all of the smallest details but I know my way around a camera and this one is awesome. I couldn't decide which camera to go with and after reading a few not so hot personal reviews I got a little worried but now I'm definitely glad I went with the Casio.

I wanted a camera that shoots 1080HD, this one does it and seems to do it very well. It also has an HDMI output build right in so thats a big plus.

I was really interested in the high speed capabilities of this thing as its the only one I could find that has it. Its really revolutionary and is a game changer as far as I'm concerned. I was amazed that the average person could get high speed technology for only $240. Its not perfect as the image quality decreases quite abit the higher frames per second that you go but you can still get very impressive results. The key is to get a lot of light, just the same as what the professionals need for their hundred thousand dollar cameras. I put three or four lights shining on the table and spun a quarter and got really awesome results. It showed up clearly even at 1000fps and looked incredible as it slowly turned. You can watch the unedited footage in amazement so I can't wait to see what I can do after some editing. I'm definitely gonna have a lot of fun with this feature.

I read reviews that said the HDart feature is overhyped and useless but I don't agree. Although its nothing too incredible, it does give some really cool results. It instantly turns a regular picture into a work of art of sorts and I think I'll definitely be able to use it to create some cool images.

One of the other great features in the panorama shot. I don't have much experience with this so when I first did it I was really impressed. It takes a 360 degree picture and, from what I saw, it stitched them together almost perfectly. Its a pretty amazing feature and you can definitely have fun with it. I can't wait to try it out on some outdoor scenery.

Since this little device is also a digital camera I better touch on that, haha. The still pictures were very good in my opinion. The colors were great and really popped. Some people will complain about the sharpness of the images and if you really zoom in, yeah of course its gonna start getting grainy. If you take the picture and are looking at the full picture, however, it looks great. It does a good job of focusing and automatically adjusting depending on the light in the room. Also since one review said it didn't have an autopreview after you take the picture I'll mention that it does, you just have to go to the menu and turn it on.

Overall I was very pleased with this camera. If it had cost $900 I may have been a little more picky about image quality but at $240 this thing is incredible. Seriously, if you're gonna complain about image quality, go buy yourself a $2000 canon or nikon. And if you're gonna write poor reviews because you don't take two minutes to learn the menu system and features then ask your grandkids to show you how the thing works first. And if you're just on amazon looking for a great little camera that gives you awesome pictures plus an endless set of fun features then don't hesitate to buy this one.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]