Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

An Amazon.com official commented on the review belowSee comments
2.0 out of 5 stars Not very happy, November 1, 2012
This review is from: Amazon.com Gift Cards - Print at Home (Ecard Gift Certificate)
I have used this product/ feature before with no problems. However, this last time was HORRIBLE. The whole point of these printable gift cards are that they are fast and easy. That was not the case this time.
I logged in to Amazon, chose my card, put in all my info, etc. and clicked to purchase the product. It told me an email would appear in my box shortly. It did. It said something to the effect of "This is a confirmation of your order. Another e-mail should arrive shortly with instructions for printing your card." Previously, the second email has appeared nearly simultaneously with the first. Not so this time. I waited and waited. After 15 minutes, when it still had not arrived, I went back to the Amazon site to check the status of my order. It told me that it was still trying to confirm/ verify my credit card. Mind you this is the same card I've been using on Amazon for *years* and it isn't close to expiry, nor is it close to the credit limit, so I didn't see what the problem was, but I waited some more. When another 30 minutes passed and the email still had not appeared I called customer service. (We had reached the point where it was time to leave for the party we'd bought the card for.)
The customer service person was not very helpful, and apparently not very bright. I explained that I'd been waiting for 45 minutes, and he said "Yes, I think we can help you within the next 45 minutes." I tried again, saying that I had *already* been waiting 45 minutes, and it was time for me to leave the house, and could he please see what the problem was quickly. He came back and told me that they were verifying my credit card. Again, I explained that I *knew* that from my status check, but I wanted to know *why* they were still verifying. He put me on hold to check on it. About 5 minutes later he came back on the line and told me that the problem was taken care of, and that I would be getting the email with instructions to print the gift card within the next 24 hours. At this point I had pretty much lost my patience. I told him that I didn't need it in 24 hours, I needed it NOW, which was the whole point of the stupid thing. I told him that he'd better put a manager on the phone right away, and that if my problem wasn't fixed they would loose me and my family as customers.
Luckily the manager seemed to be a smart person. I was on hold for another 5 minutes before the manager got on the phone. When she did get on, she told me that she'd taken care of the problem, and would I please check my email one more time. Thank goodness the email was there, and I was able to immediately print the gift card, and we were only about 15 minutes late for our party.

I do think these printable gift cards are a great idea, and have been happy with them in the past. I don't know what happened that made my "instant" order take over an hour this time, but it will definitely make me think twice before using this product next time. My recommendation to anyone who uses it in the future will be "Don't wait until the last minute." I find this sad, because that is supposed to be the beauty of the thing. Oh well. I hope it was just a one-time fluke. Good luck.

stem
An Amazon.com official commented on this review(What's this?)
Posted on Dec 4, 2014 10:40:51 AM PST
We are sorry for any inconvenience customers may have experienced with Print at Home gift card delivery.  Because many customers have found this review helpful, we want to share some information that may help those who experience a similar situation.  Gift cards are typically emailed to customers within 5 minutes of placing an order.  However, reasons such as payment authorization issues and service outages may cause a delay in delivery.  These delays are uncommon, and are addressed as quickly as possible.  Any customers who experience a delay should contact customer service and they will be happy to assist you.

We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your feedback.  It is important to us to continue to improve the service that we provide.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 12, 2013 5:16:51 AM PST
Babs says:
It is the next day and I still have no gift card.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 9, 2013 7:09:44 PM PDT
This appears to be my experience as well. Arrrgh.

Posted on Dec 24, 2013 1:48:11 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Dec 24, 2013 11:06:27 PM PST]

Posted on Sep 17, 2014 1:05:02 PM PDT
E. Yu says:
Thank you for the reminder that despite the system's best efforts, our expectations of perfection will eventually lead us to disappointment. :( Glad yu eventually got it resolved.

An Amazon.com official commented on this review   (What's this?)
Posted on Dec 4, 2014 10:40:51 AM PST

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 7:33:35 PM PDT
Alanamous says:
It is always frustrating whenever a glitch in the system occurs, especially when we are on a time schedule and expect everything to go according to a plan. Then anything and everything which is less than perfect will stand out and be a thorn in our sides. This review helps to let others know what can go wrong and how to plan accordingly.

Posted on Mar 9, 2016 2:38:04 PM PST
sak 66 says:
I love gift cards. I buy them at the store whenever I can. and then let the store do the figuring. they are everywhere here in CT. including Amazon. do not fuss yourself. sak66

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2016 10:59:39 AM PDT
Tina Watkins says:
That's fine when you live in the city, but the nearest store for us is a 20 minute drive - often out of the way for where we want to go. I'm thankful for Amazon's print at home for when I've forgotten to get a gift until the last minute (or didn't find out about the party until the last minute).

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 3, 2016 7:46:43 PM PDT
This happened to me today. I called customer service twice and they cannot help!!! It has been over 8 hours and requires a manual check by the bank which is probably closed on Sunday. This is ridiculous.

Posted on Jul 7, 2016 5:46:33 PM PDT