5.0 out of 5 stars Great DVD box set, if you get the right price, July 1, 2011
This review is from: Covert Affairs: Season 1 (DVD)
I noticed that none of these reviews or the description of the product lists the special features. So I will.

Disc 1
1. Pilot
2. Walter's Walk
3. South Bound Suarez
4. No Quarter
-Deleted Scenes on select episodes
-Pilot cast and crew commentary

Disc 2
5. In the Light
6. Houses of the Holy
7. Communication Breakdown
8. What is and What Should Never Be
-Deleted scenes on select episodes
-Communication Breakdown cast and crew commentary

Disc 3
9. Fool in the Rain
10. I Can't Quit You, Babe
11. When the Levee Breaks
-Deleted scenes on select episodes
-Gag Reel (really funny, but very short. Piper has a mouth on her! (but it is censored out, unlike White Collar gag reels)
-When the Levee Breaks cast and crew commentary
*Behind the Scenes Featurettes:
-Welcome to the Farm
-Blind Insight (really interesting, a short one-on-one interview with Chris Gorham who plays Auggie Anderson)
-Set Tour (with Sendhil Ramamurthy and one of the co-creators. Sendhil is very witty and funny, and the sets are very impressive.)
-Celebrate the ADA (PSA)

Although I do agree that the price for just 11 episodes is still outrageous, I got mine discounted from an independent seller and it was totally worth it. The commentary actually adds to the episode, not just rambling about whatever they felt like (which often happens with Supernatural commentaries) and Chris Gorham even took some questions from his facebook page to answer during the duller parts of each episode.

Great series, plus lots of good cover art on the DVDs. Beautiful set!

EDIT: July 2011 It has come to my attention that some of the DVD box sets of this series are fakes being sold as real ones. Real DVDs should have 7.5 DVDs and nothing less. The cover art and plastic casings should be sharp and professional looking, no blurry images or cheap plastic. The DVDs inside should have writing on them but no pictures, showing the rainbow DVD through the words. If you think you might have a fake, pop it into your computer drive and go to My Computer. Right click on the DVD drive and go to Properties. If the number is anything less than 7.5, like say 4 or 4.5 it is a fake. Contact the seller to get a refund or if you're worried about the seller (and if the seller is on Amazon) contact Amazon and they will help you get your money back and hopefully a real copy.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 20 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 16, 2011 9:54:00 AM PDT
J Byrd says:
Any chance you'd mind popping your discs in your computer to tell me the disc size. I've bought 2 sets from marketplace sellers (both new) and they have been loaded with artifacts. Both cases the disc size is 4.35GB which is the size of a single layer dvd. I can't imagine Universal Studios (or ANY company) not using 7.5GB dual layer discs. Have You noticed and quality issues? I'd appreciate any help you could be as I'm sort of beside myself over this. Thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2011 11:35:46 AM PDT
Mine are all 7.5 GB. My quality is beautiful and there's no running or glitches. Sorry you're having problems =/ I'd let someone know, maybe the seller. Was this an independent seller or amazon.com itself?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2011 11:48:50 AM PDT
J Byrd says:
Thank you so much for getting back to me Natasha. You helped confirm what I suspected. It was a marketplace seller that was a highly rated power seller...and I've already spoke to amazon directly. Still waiting to hear back from the seller, though. Thanks again!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2011 7:10:29 PM PDT
Amazon is pretty good with customer service. I have always had good luck with them. I hope it works out for you and you get a legit copy. You are very welcome! If you have any more questions, I will do my best to answer them!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2011 9:23:32 PM PDT
J Byrd says:
I too have had nothing but good experiences with Amazon. Even when things go wrong (rarely), they always come through in the end. I just regret that I have to involve them when it's a marketplace purchase. But, they are always happy to step in when needed. BTW, this set looked soooo real. Right down to the shrinkwrap and Covert Affairs sticker ouside the shrinkwrap. I wonder how many people have bought copies and just assumed it was just a crappy transfer........

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2011 9:51:00 PM PDT
I don't know, but that's highly unfair and I am glad you are bringing it to the attention of amazon so they can sort this seller and (hopefully) others out. When you do get your legit set, it will be worth it I think. Especially if you're a Covert character junkie like I am.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 17, 2011 3:44:31 AM PDT
J Byrd says:
I'm probably going to get the set direct from amazon. I've just been waiting for a price drop. I LOVE the show, I just felt the price was set wrong from the start for a short season. I'm dying to hear the commentary tracks. I love both Piper and Chris and would love to hear them discuss the show. They both seem to have awesome chemistry. BTW, glad to know your a Trek fan. I've been one for years. Even had the privilege meeting most of the cast over the years. Good times.........

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 17, 2011 8:40:40 AM PDT
I was waiting for a price drop too. I mean it's 11 episodes, no matter how amazing they are.

The commentary tracks are so worth it. I personally liked the commentary on the Auggie-centric episode. Because very predictably I love Auggie and Annie.

That's exciting to have met the Trek cast! I am a recent Trekkie, so I never got the chance to meet DeForest Kelley. But they are all such characters! Even the new 2009 cast.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 17, 2011 7:38:29 PM PDT
J Byrd says:
Glad to hear you liked the commentary tracks. I had a feeling they'd be good. It gives me something to look forward to. BTW, the seller contacted me today. He seemed genuinely surprised and wants to look at the discs to see for himself. So I'll be shipping it back tomorrow. I'm going to check the local walmart to see what the set is selling for...and then I'll probably order it directly from amazon. Need to put the problem to bed once and for all. Love it that your a recent Trekkie (or 'Trekker'...who cares, really). There's a whole lot of trek to sink into. Glad to see you embracing the original. To be honest though, DeForest is the only cast member I never got to meet. Sadly he passed before I had the chance. But from everything I know, he was a true gentleman. Would love to see you give Next Gen and DS9 a chance too. I'm sure you'd fall in love with them as well, but there are only so many hours in a day.... Oh yeah, almost forgot, I too loved the '09 remake. I found fans were on polar opposites regarding the 'reinvention' of the franchise. I for one, LOVE JJ Abrams work and new I'd have to accept some changes, which I was fine with. I thought the cast was marvelous and I can't wait for the next movie!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 18, 2011 6:45:05 PM PDT
J Byrd says:
Okay, so I got an official copy today at Best Buy. Whew! Where do I even start. It's easy to spot the fake when your holding the real deal!! Box artwork is not sharp as a tack like the authentic one. Also the color tone is not right, suggesting someone has the means of running off copies. The cases inside are slightly cheaper and the plastic around them imperfect...hard to explain without seeing it. Now to the disc. The disc imprinting is duplicated, but it's clear looking at the back of the fake that it was burned. You can see the cuts on the outer edge. The official one is clean like a mirror all the way to the edge, because it was PRESSED, not burned. Just happy the nightmare is over. Fake goes back in the mail tomorrow. It's been fun!
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.4 out of 5 stars (3,522 customer reviews)
 (2,066)