3.0 out of 5 stars Alright, but didn't do it for me., June 18, 2012
This review is from: ExOfficio Men's GiveNGo Boxer Brief (Sports Apparel)
Saw all the great reviews and understand the desire to get rid of the cotton undies. Liked the idea of something I might wear for workouts and/or for day to day wear. And like the quick wash/dry idea for possible traveling light. So bought one pair to try. At the same time bought the Addidas Climalite Performace 2-pack to try. Both felt similar in that they were lightweight and stretchy. Like the feel of both. Wore both a few times before deciding I liked the Addidas better. The ExOfficio did tend to ride up a good bit. With the Addidas I never think about having them on. That's what I want. No riding up the leg nor wedging where it shouldn't. Could just be the fit of one vs the other being better for me personally. So while I like the ExOfficio, I am buying more of the Addidas which I like better and are less expensive.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 23, 2012 7:24:25 PM PDT
I think that's Adidas

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 9:55:36 PM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 22, 2013 7:30:31 PM PDT
Wasabi says:
Thanks, Patrick. I had no idea to which brand he was referring until your enlightening post made it crystal clear. I wish you would reply to all the reviews on Amazon, because without you I would be lost in the world and feel like such an addiot. Thank you so much!

Posted on Jun 21, 2013 7:55:12 PM PDT
S. miller says:
Durability becomes an issue here. The ExOfficios are the BOMB when it comes to this.

Posted on Dec 2, 2013 10:46:19 AM PST
Sophie says:
My experience was exactly the same when comparing brands.

Posted on Jan 29, 2014 9:53:28 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 29, 2014 9:59:47 AM PST
BReal14 says:
I have both as well.

I think the climatilite's are too small in the package area and don't come up high enough in the front and too high in the back. I hate that they don't have a fly too.

I think the Ex's run big though. I am going a size smaller next time.

i'm a muscular 6'1 225, built frame, 37" waist so i'm always in between large and XL, so I usually opt for XL due to my larger than most quad/buttocks muscles. in XL, the climatelites are too tight. the Ex's are too lose. going to try L in the Ex's next order.

Posted on May 16, 2014 10:51:40 AM PDT
Curt222 says:
My experience with the Exofficio v. Adidas Climalite is totally the opposite of yours. The ExOfficio are breathable and feel great. The Addidas felt like I was wearing a polyester chastity belt - totally unbreathable. I bought 3 packs of the Adidas on an impulse buy, wore them twice and have thrown them all away. I found them very uncomfortable and not close to the ExOfficios.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 11, 2014 9:04:45 AM PDT
David W says:
I haven't tried the Exofficio yet (that's why I'm here right now) but wanted to give you a suggestion. Try the Adidas that are cotton and spandex (called Athletic Stretch Boxer Briefs) instead of the polyester. I agree that the polyester feel like they don't breath but the cotton and spandex are AWESOME and they don't ride up like other cotton boxer briefs. That being said, they don't last as long (about a year is all I get out of them before holes start showing up) but I get them at JCPenney buy one two pack and get one half off so they run $33 for 4 pair.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.6 out of 5 stars (2,293 customer reviews)
 (1,742)