5.0 out of 5 stars Setting the record straight for buyers who are on the fence...., January 9, 2014
This review is from: FRYE Women's Harness 12R Boot (Apparel)
I don't normally leave reviews but I feel that I have to leave one for these boots. I have been lusting after these boots for a long time. I'm always very leery about purchasing something so expensive for my feet online without the ability to try them on first. After reading some very misguided reviews on these boots I almost gave up. However, the price was just TOO GOOD for these! Based on another's positive review and a size/situation similar to mine, I took the plunge.
First, the fit : wonderful. I am a size 9 and I ordered a size 9. I have another pair of Frye boots from a few years ago and those too are my size. I don't understand this advice to size up or down. The size 9 in these boots fit me perfectly. I have wide feet and little to no arches so my toes spread a little more. I find the room in the toe box to be just fine for my wide feet. Second, the calf fit. I'm always worried about calf fit on Fryes because I'm very athletic with muscular calves. There is PLENTY of room for your calves in these! I am able to wear these over jeans and still have a little wiggle room.
Second, the look/style/color: I love the look of these so much. The picture is slightly misleading though. In the picture for the dark brown color that I ordered, there are touches of a golden brown color. The boots in person are just straight up dark brown with light distressed marks here and there. I'm happy with the color though. They look really good in person and will age well.
Overall, I have not taken these off of my feet since I got them! They are so comfortable right out of the box. No breaking in necessary. This is very different from my Frye Campus boots which took a long time to stretch out and feel good.
Also, I highly recommend the Frye conditioning cream for your boots. Amazon used to carry it, but I could not find it here last week. I wound up ordering the conditioning cream right off the Frye website - it's only $9 and so worth it for the life of your boots. I put a small amount on the front of these boots just to help preserve the area that gets the toughest wear.
Right now, at $160 for these boots, it's worth the investment! You cannot beat this price for boots that take 190 steps to handcraft. Frye boots truly are the best and worth every penny. They will last years and years. I'm a pretty frugal person and would rather just spend $30 on boots at Target, but in my mind the price is well justified because it means I will have boots that will never go out of style and will last me almost a lifetime. Best purchase I have made in a long time!

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]