5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly a very good game, November 14, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Call of Duty: Black Ops - Declassified - PlayStation Vita (Video Game)
Everything in the game except multiplayer revolves around you trying to get 3 stars, be it in the standard obstacle course, beating wave after wave of Hostiles(Think Modern Warfare 3 without money, but you get a care package at the end of every wave which either gives you ammo, or a good weapon), the touch screen controls will take some getting used to, but they make perfect sense since there is no L2/3, R2/3, holding breath with the rear touch pad is definatly going to take some getting used to.

You can control sprinting by using the down arrow key.

Multiplayer is on the Vita 4v4, considering Call of Duty standard is 6v6, and on the bigger maps 8v8, the Vita version could always get patched to support more players.

Is this a lazy making of the game? In many ways, considering 4GB can fit on a Vita card(Or at least 3.33GB), they could've easily improved on the sounds, given us more weapons, however, this could always be implemented in patches or DLC if there is any.

Is this a fun game? Absolutely, the leaderboards that are prominent in most games, are the greatest way to keep trying to be the best.

It's a shame there isn't a demo which has a couple single player missions, and 1-2 Hostile missions, but maybe it's in the works.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 14, 2012 1:17:35 PM PST
Nettacki says:
Is it really that fun? I mean come on, for the price, it doesn't seem worth it to me for a throwaway single-player campaign that's short even by portable FPS standards and a multiplayer mode that's not even as in-depth as the console versions. If I'm paying that price for a game, I'm hoping for a complete package with each component being good enough to stand on their own rights.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 6:21:23 AM PST
Matt says:
No real single player campaign definitely stings. But I think it is more psychological than anything else. Because when I think about CoD or Battlefield on PS3, sure I play the single player, but I usually put in much more time on the multiplayer portion. I think I had something like 100+ hours on Battlefield multiplayer and my guess would be 8 hours for the single player. So far I have about 4 hours into CoD Declassified multiplayer, and I can see myself going to at least the 40 hour range...it is fun, similar to CoD on PS3. And if they put out more maps and modes (zombies!), I would probably log even more hours. 40 hours of game...that seems like it is worth $50 to me. Although, like I said...no single player stings just bit...especially since the single player missions are actually pretty fun.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 2:33:26 PM PST
Nettacki says:
I'm surprised you think that way. The critics are giving this game a good thrashing because it simply does not stand up on its own, cod game or not. I'm really hoping its a genuine liking of the game that's coming through and not some expression of buyer's remorse. These are the same critics that think the modern COD series are good games in the first place.

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 9:42:37 PM PST
The reason that the critics gave the game horrible reviews, is because they are comparing the game to the consoles. However, there are several other issues that could influence this.

1) 4v4, I am sure that the game could handle 6v6 on bigger maps.
2) Multiplayer was very unstable to some people, the couple hours I played it with a friend, I had a blast, and actually did very well. Adjusting the sensitivity helps greatly.
3) The respawn code was terrible, oftentimes I kill someone, and they appear pretty much in the same spot.
4) The sounds were really bad.

I really hope that the next company that takes over to develop Call of Duty, learn from this game's mistakes, and doesn't try to rush it, if they add in PS3 Cross Play, a real zombies mode(Keep the special ops, those are fun, but allow at least a second player to play co-op), Declassified with a couple decent patches could be saved, however, if they game maintains 40k a week(And I'm sure the bundle is helping greatly), that 282,943 could easily be a million by next year. I don't know if it will beat Uncharted, but it will be interesting to see since Vita sales have quadrupled since last month, and much better than the 40k a week it was averaging before. And let's face it, other than Unit 13, this is probably the best shooter on the Vita, worst ratings or not.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 4:31:40 AM PST
Matt says:
I genuinely like the game...a lot of that may be because it is really the best option for the Vita and I like playing on the Vita more than the PS3...but I dont have any buyers remorse. I prestiged in the multiplayer a few days ago (took around 10 hours of play) and am up to level 13 again. It is standard online multiplayer. And it is fun to be able to play online from anywhere in my house. The game is clearly not what it could have been, but sadly there aren't any other options on the Vita. If there were more options on the Vita...that had larger maps with more players and a good singleplayer, I may tell you that CoD Vita sucks in comparison and not to buy it or at least wait until it is $20, but there are no other games on the Vita...CoD Vita is the best option right now for FPS online multiplayer.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›