1.0 out of 5 stars Stay far, far away., October 9, 2012
This review is from: Dell Inspiron 14" Laptop (2.5 GHz Intel Core i5 2450M Processor, 6 GB RAM, 500 GB Hard Drive, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit) Espresso Black (Personal Computers)
This is my first Amazon review, but I had to do it.

Stay FAR away from this laptop. I bought it sight-unseen from a coupon website, because I desperately needed a new laptop and appreciated the 20% discount I was getting. The laptop arrived, looked great, but I quickly realized that: 1) the left and right click buttons are unreactive and sticky; I had to practically jam them down to get them to work; 2) even when just in sleep mode, the computer takes ages to boot back up again -- it was about as slow as the 5-year-old Macbook I was trying to replace!; 3) internet browsers, no matter which I tried, loaded interminably slowly as well; 4) the freakin' Control Panel loaded slowly; 5) the visuals and graphics were completely sub-par. When trying to stream video, I found that the quality was worse than my 2007 Macbook, and I was just as incapable of running multiple websites while streaming video as I am with my 2007 laptop.

Basically, everything about this computer disappointed me. It was slow to react, slow to load, slow to stream, and had terrible video quality. All I liked about it was the HQ pre-loaded wallpapers and the quality of sound, which was much better than my old Mac.

Overall, though: Stay away!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 26, 2012 9:26:20 AM PDT
DellTeam says:
(MANUFACTURER)
Hello arcDC,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Inspiron 14. Sorry to hear that you did not have a good out-of-box experience with this system. I understand that it can be very frustrating to receive your system and it not live up to expectations.

We do have a group of experts that are available to look into this matter for you. They will be able to assess, diagnose and resolve your concerns in a professional and timely manner!
Please reach out to our Social Support Team directly via the Dell Community Forums (http://dell.to/GY65Xz); the Support tab on Facebook (http://bit.ly/HlJ9LZ); or on Twitter @DellCares (http://bit.ly/Hhh2SQ).

We are here to listen and respond to our customers' needs and I hope that we can turn this around for you. Again, thank you for your feedback, and have a great day - GinaVAtDell.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›