1.0 out of 5 stars Bad, November 9, 2013
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Call of Duty: Ghosts - PlayStation 3 (Video Game)
Calling this the worse game in the series is not enough,mainly because the series is good, this game is not. I've been a huge CoD fan since the original Modern Warfare and while some of the games have not lived up to expectations I would not say they were a waste of money. CoD Ghosts is not only a waste of money it's a waste of time, space, and opportunity.

The game looks a bit cartoonish. It reminds me of the first generation of PS3 games. It just looks odd and not at all realistic. I know it's just a game, but I don't want my first person shooters looking like Bubble Guppies. I also feel like the maps are horrible. I could not find one map that I enjoyed. They are frantic and designed to push the pace to an insane pace. If you like to camp you're going to have a field day because people are basically forced to run around like a Chilean with its head cut off.

They have also changed the way you unlock items and perks. It's confusing and unnecessary. There is no organization involved in it and I found myself not even wanting to change from the default settings. I finally decided to make a few custom classes and it took forever.

The one good thing they changed is it takes longer to rank up. This good news for the better players out there however you can still get the best weapons and perks at the beginning due to the unlocking system. This game really does not reward good play at all.

I could go on and on about the things I do not like about this game, but I will just end it with a bit of advise. Rent it before you buy it!!!! I guarantee you will be happy you did.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 11, 2013 11:14:00 AM PST
R. Mclain says:

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2013 2:07:43 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 12, 2013 2:10:27 PM PST
Dude, be quiet and don't argue with the damned reviewer about his own freaking opinion. What, you didn't learn not to do that, yet? It's a stupid thing to do. In the history of people doing this, I think approximately zero people change their review because someone else doesn't like it, like it's some personal offense.

Battlefield 4 sucks, too, by the way. Go look at those reviews for any version of the game. Both are objectively worse than their previous releases, and Battlefield is almost totally unplayable at the moment, especially on PC.

If you want to be a sheep, that's fine, we all know you're there and will buy anything with the logo slapped on it, but sheep don't advocate for something that isn't actually there. They buy the game and keep to themselves like they should, not argue with another user's personal review.

Posted on Nov 13, 2013 9:41:46 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 13, 2013 11:37:50 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2013 10:44:22 AM PST
The Remedy says:
Battlefield 4 works great on Ps3 and once the bugs are kicked then it will be much much better. I have to say that BF4 outdoes CoD by a longshot on this one. I've enjoyed BF4 a TON. CoD is just the same old same old over and over and over. BF4 is at least being innovative with interactive environments, building destruction, and the water/boats. Way cool stuff going on there. Not trying to be a jerk and argue your opinion, but give you my thoughts on it and give people a different perspective

Posted on Nov 20, 2013 4:39:02 PM PST
Clint says:
I'm up to level 50 or so and I have to say that I'm starting to agree with this review. So far the game's a big step backwards in all areas, particularly disappointing as R Mclain says, a "fun game to play". I'm all for change, but with this game all of the changes are for the worse.
-I agree that the levels are a campers paradise with lots and lots of windows for campers to peek through. Basically the levels all suck.
-In COD MW3 personally I would use Support Strikepackage and the rewards, like Stealth Bomber, were fun to unleash, watch & would actually create a few kills. With Ghosts I am constantly changing my Support rewards because they are all lame.
-In MW3 the top Support Strikepackages (EMP/Juggernaut/Escort Airdrop) were worth working towards and rewarding to have unlike the retardedly worthless Odin Support top reward in Ghosts. The idea of giving us three awesome top Strikepackage rewards to pick through was great, now with Ghosts I don't even use the top one (and one only) because it's boring & worthless.
-In Ghosts Juggernaut's do not recover their health and are killed pitifully easily. I do not even pick Juggernaut as a killstreak reward because it's now so slow and easily killed where before it was slow and powerfully intimidating.
-In Ghosts there isn't as many helicoptors flying around, and I loved the chess match of Assault players bombarding the skies with helecoptors only to have me unleash and take them all down with an EMP. Hearing the screams of anger & broken controllers against the walls from apartments and bedrooms around the world.

These are the fun little things that are no longer in Ghosts. And last but not least, getting rid of TACTICAL INSERTION is the worst mistake this game has made. Now I am forced to run from the far ends of the map back towards the action each and every time I am killed. What a friggin' burden and knucklehead move.
I've been a big time COD fan and in constant arguments with my Battlefield friends, but It's starting to look more and more like I will be converting to BF as I just purchased BF4 & FIFA Soccer with the Amazon buy 2 get 1 free awesome deal.

Posted on Nov 20, 2013 9:51:19 PM PST
I'll be honest, I sort of moved away from CoD after the first Modern Warfare and gravitated toward different types of games, like Payday 2 (on PC, anyway, where the biggest community is), mostly because I just didn't really like Black Ops or its sequel, and Ghosts didn't look like it would change my mind, either.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those guys who says CoD in general sucks, but I will say that this release feels horribly half-baked, solely to take advantage of the people who pre-order the next CoD game just because it's part of that series. That's a big insult to the fans, don't you think? I'm sure it *was* rushed like crazy for a lot of reasons, not the least of which being the ultra-rushed release of the PS4 (apparently, that didn't go so hot, and an unusual number of people are complaining of dead consoles--that probably made scalpers completely ballistic, since the product *does* have to work for them to make the sale, and quite a few are likely stuck with a dead console they need to replace) and, I'm guessing, not a big focus on the PS3 version.

I think CoD is in its waning phase due to the level of meddling Activision tends to do with their subsidiaries (see: Blizzard, who are literally just not allowed to take their time on games anymore, so they're starting to release not-so-great stuff), and I think combined with the fact that developers are free to release unfinished games with timing coming before actual beta testing (which is literally now handed off to the people who first buy it on release), I'm starting to take up the strategy of simply waiting for the all-clear with big releases that tend to have such huge problems upon release.

That's why I'm not going anywhere close to the PS4 or the One, or almost any game at all, until I get some good proof that they've worked out the inevitable problems that come up right on release that they simply didn't have time to fix. I feel like these big companies are taking advantage of consumers who pay full price just to act as beta testers for an unfinished product.

It's fine if you disagree, but I don't like the feeling that I'm getting played by the people for whom I'm paying to work as a beta tester while they gradually work out all the problems. Ghosts, I'm predicting, will get at least one radical makeover with a ginormous patch, a re-working of current content, and various fixes.

What I'll be totally pissed about is if they charge for it. Much like Capcom and Street Fighter IV, the only franchise I know of that shamelessly promotes balance fixes as a feature for every release. I'm serious, if they come out with some new sort of DLC of any kind that, for instance, adds new maps that they already had all along, knowing the current maps were just not good enough...I think we'll be smart enough to know.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 22, 2013 8:45:51 AM PST
Christopher, I appreciate your level-headed response to the problem at hand, but I don't think that this game will ever see a decent patch to fix issues. Looking back at the past CoD games, the even number games rarely get support (the games developed by Infinity Ward). I've only seen patches for things like stopping people from hacking come from IW.

Personally, I haven't played the game yet, but I'm not giving up on the series yet. If the next game isn't any good, then I'll probably throw in the towel. I much prefer Treyarch's games over IW's with the exception of CoD4, which is still my favourite of the series.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›