2,353 of 2,482 people found the following review helpful
3.0 out of 5 stars I wish there were more workouts in this DVD, May 27, 2008
This review is from: Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred (DVD)
First off, I would give it 3 ˝ stars. I've only done level one but it is a good, very intense work out. I felt great afterwards. Also, I really like the trainer. She motivated me to push my hardest to try and finish each exercise, which sometimes I couldn't do (and I consider myself to be in good shape). My biggest complaint about the DVD is that you are told to start with level 1 and then progress up to level 2, then level 3. But there is only one level 1 workout, one level 2 workout and one level 3 workout. As a result, you are doing the same workout every day until you can move up a level. This can get boring. In addition, you are working the same tired and sore muscles that you worked the day before. My other complaints are a bit petty: the music is terrible and you can't skip through some of the beginning stuff. As stated above, the workouts are great and extremely challenging but I wouldn't use this DVD alone.

**********************************************************
UPDATE:

I would now give this video 5 stars. One of the comments to my review suggested that I don't wait to move up in levels, rather, I could do each level so that I am not doing the same workout again and again. THANK YOU to that person. I am now switching around levels and I love it. Level 2 and 3 are harder but I follow the "easier" version of most of the exercises and make modifications to some of the aerobic exercises that may be too hard (or that I just may not like). This is now my favorite DVD. I love it because it is hard enough to actually replace the gym... and in only 25 min.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 14 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 54 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 27, 2008 9:41:50 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 27, 2008 10:54:03 AM PDT
JoyB says:
After viewing the DVD upon receipt 38 days ago, I began with Level 2, followed the next day with Level 1, then Level 3, then Level 1, then Level 2 before finally settling into an alternating pattern of Level 1, Level 2, Level 3, Level 2, Level, 1, Level 2, etc. for the past 32 days. As a result, I have never done the same workout two days in a row and, after 37 consecutive workouts, have never been bored. Try alternating the workouts and/or substituting excersises for those in the workouts to stave off boredom.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 3, 2008 8:49:29 AM PDT
L. Berroa says:
GREAT REPLY and definitely great IDEA. Thanks for the insight.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2008 3:02:07 PM PST
Reader2008 says:
I started at level 1 and HATED the DVD. I decided to try level 2 and now feel like I am being personally trained by a trainer. The next day, I feel like I have been beaten to a pulp. TO people frustrated in level 1, try level 2 and 3 before you give up on the DVD. Level 1 is just a horrible set of exercises.

Posted on Jan 6, 2009 1:03:11 AM PST
m0ng00se says:

Posted on Jan 23, 2009 10:40:33 AM PST
D. K. Eason says:
After reading your updated comments, I am now sold on this video. Kudos to you for being willing to give a product a second try and actually commenting on it. Thank you for your honest insight! I can't wait to get started!

Posted on Mar 28, 2009 9:13:56 PM PDT
Z. Cardet says:
I, too, was concerned with getting bored when I first bought this DVD. However, my cable company has Jillian's two new workouts (Boost Your Metabolism and No More Trouble Zones) in the "On Demand" menu, so I tried those out. These two workouts are longer and really challenging. I liked them so much that I just ordered them on Amazon.com, and now I plan to rotate the three DVD's. Boredom problem solved!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 7, 2009 10:48:59 AM PDT
J. Young says:
This was so helpful to read. It never would have occurred to me to move back and forth between levels. Thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 25, 2009 5:03:49 AM PDT
I was not going to purchase this CVC until I read your reply. Thanks!

Posted on Apr 27, 2009 8:47:55 PM PDT
KJ28 says:
Did you lose weight?

Posted on Jun 17, 2009 2:04:36 PM PDT
sskel says:
I agree and LOVE this workout DVD, the only thing I don't like is how you can't skip over the beginning introductions and warnings.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.6 out of 5 stars (5,291 customer reviews)
 (3,763)